Chapter 12: Thunder

I am tired of hiding everything

I am tired of hiding everything. I am tired of being her little pawn. I was tired of seeing Lauren suffer. I was the one that had to make sure that she had eaten, that she had a constant supply of fluids. But more importantly, I was the one that made sure Ashlynn got somewhere safe. I made sure that Lauren safely ended up in the hospital. I was done with everything. Just being here back in London and Juniper she bugging me being back around her, makes me want to rip her head off.

I walk down the hall of the hotel and I violently knock on Juniper's door. When she doesn't answer, I pull out the extra key card that she had given me and I walk in. Peeking around her room, I notice that she isn't here. The one time that I have the confidence to stand up to her, she isn't here. I notice a file folder open on her bed. I start to look at the papers and they are copies of personal files. Of Lauren, Hunter, me, but what caught my eye, was the fact that she had the school records of Blair, Lauren's little sister.

Why is she looking into Blair? She wouldn't hurt a 10-year-old, right? She almost killed a baby, so yes, she would.

This is what I get for hiding who I am. I can't let her do this anymore.

I'm so sorry, Lauren. I will fix this.

Did Juniper really have something to do with everything? When we broke up senior year, we were both okay

Did Juniper really have something to do with everything? When we broke up senior year, we were both okay. I know that she was a little heartbroken, but I didn't think that if she saw me again that it would be bad. When I fell in love with Lauren, I realized that I never loved Juniper. We were both too young to understand what we were feeling. I love Lauren. If I lost her again, I would lose myself and there would be no saving me. I would spend every second of every single day to find her or to grieve her, or to do whatever I can to have her back in my arms.

I know that she told me to leave her alone, but I can't. I want to be there to help her, to hold her, to cry with her. I quickly check on Ashlynn and I see her asleep. I toss my mom the baby monitor and I walk to our bedroom. I softly knock on the door, hoping for a response, but nothing happens. I place my hand against the door and I speak.

"Honey? I know you are in there. I get that you want to be alone, I really do, but I want to hold you. I want to be there for when you cry. I missed a year, don't let me miss anymore. Please," I whisper. I didn't think that I would start crying, but a tear trickles down my face. I feel the door shift slightly and I see her blotchy face through the crack.

"Are you alone?" She asks. I nod my head and she pulls me inside. She pulls me into her and she holds me close, It is just the two of us here and that's okay.

"I-I c-can't-t b-believe th-hat she would do that," she says crying. I run my fingers through her hair and I try to calm her down.

"I know. I know," I say leaning my chin against the top of her head. I hear another knock on the door and someone's head comes peeking in. I tun and I see my sister's head.

"Would it be possible to talk to the two of you?" She asks. I look down at Lauren and she nods gently. I motion for Hadley to come in and she sits down on the bed. She places her hands on the bed steadying herself and takes a deep breath.

"Everything okay, Lee?" I ask, standing in front of her.

"I don't know. I should have told the two of you this a long time ago, but-"

She is cut off by Ivy frantically knocking on the door.

"Mom, is everything okay?" Lauren asks opening the door.

"Have you seen Blair?" She asks running her hands through her hair. We all shake our heads no and she runs out of the room.

"What do you mean where is Blair?" Lauren yells out into the hall.

"Lauren, your sister is gone." Everything came crashing down in that moment. We all run downstairs and out the door and start to look around. She isn't in any yard and she isn't down the street. Blair is smart, she wouldn't just wander off. She is 10 for gods sake. I stand in the middle of the street and look around at the entire family looking. There is one person missing.

Juniper.