07

Jorge

The elevator doors opened and I stepped inside.

I hit the ground floor button and tapped my foot anxiously hoping nobody would stop me. I got to the ground floor and saw the doors to the outside.

I made my way towards them quickly and quietly.

I rested my hand on the handle only to discover it was locked.

Perfect.

I dug through my father's wallet and looked for a card of any kind before I pulled out a rewards card to some type of gun shop he liked to shop at.

I unlocked the door using the card and closed it quietly.

I knew how to do that from always sneaking out when my dad would lock my door.

It was still dark outside. I checked my phone.

3:58 am.

The sun would be up in about two hours. I ran down the street trying to get as far away from Sin City as I could.

~

I've been walking for four hours now and It's around eight am.

I'm kinda tired but my adrenaline keeps me going.

I stop at a nearby Starbucks and order a large vanilla iced coffee. Those were the best.

I also ordered a cheese danish.

I sat down inside the cafe and set my backpack on the chair.

I ate my cheese danish quickly realizing I haven't eaten in like two days.

I got up and left making my way down town looking at the shops through all the windows.

Benji

"Let me get this straight. You didn't know he left his room, snuck into my room, broke into my office, took his phone his backpack all of his money, AND the clothes I gave him and NOW HE'S GONE!?" I yelled.

"Well yeah." Noen said.

"HE'S LIKE 17!! HOW DID YOU LET HIM OUTSMART YOU?" I yelled.

"I don't know!! He seemed legit to me! And technically he didn't steal anything other than clothes so why should we be concerned?" Noen asked.

"Why should-why should- WE SHOULD BE CONCERNED BECAUSE HE COULD GO TO THE COPS AND SAY SOMETHING!"

"Why does that matter!! You get us out of ties with the cops every single other time!"

"Every single other time there are no witnesses to what we've done. Everybody you kidnapped we've either killed or... or nothing! We have literally killed them all!! Because we have never had a 17 year old boy here before who managed to outsmart us."

Noen sighed, "Fine Syd and I will go look for him."

"Yeah you better. But I want him back here unscarred. Knock him out again if you have to."

"Okay boss." Syd headed out but Noen stayed.

"Benji can I ask you something?" Noen questioned.

"What." I asked. I was not in a great mood right now.

"Why are you so concerned about this kid?"