37

Benji

"Guys we have a problem." Milo said.

"What is it?" I asked still pulling books off the shelf.

"We just got a video message from ESA right now. Diego injected something into Noen and they're claiming he has three hours to live. Which means Diego is in that room right now and you guys need to hide until he leaves."

My blood ran cold as the three of us looked at each other.

We all dashed and ran for a hiding spot.

We dove behind the bar and watched.

"Guys once Diego leaves you need to get in there fast. Noen didn't look too good."

We waited about five minutes when we heard a door open.

I peeked around the bar and watched as Diego himself walked out of a secret door in the book case.

I reached for my gun and pointed it at him.

"Benji. No! Now isn't the time." Milo said in my ear but I ignored him.

My finger on the trigger my hands were shaking. I thought about everything this man took away from me. My father. The man I looked up to so much. I was mad.

Mad enough to pull the trigger.

Put a bullet right into the man's head.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

I almost pressed it when a hand went on mine.

I looked over to Jorge who was shaking his head at me.

I felt myself relax and softly let out a breath I don't know I was holding. My hands stopped shaking as I put the gun back in it's holster on my belt.

"If you shoot Diego now your going to get swarmed by ESA members and your done. You won't save Noen. You have to be patient." Milo said softly.

I took a deep breath and tried to clear my head.

I turned my attention back to Diego. I watched closely to see which book he pulled to shut the door.

He pulled a book on the second shelf from the top. To the right. 5th book in.

The book case slid shut as if the door was never there.

I watched as he walked up the stairs and vanished.

I waited until I heard the clicking of the basement door shut from above.

We dashed to the book case and unlocked the door.

The left side of the book case slide open to reveal a dark hallway.

"Head down there. Split up. Find Noen's cell. There are about 15 cells. But don't let the door close once your in there. You can open them from the outside but once your inside it can only be opened with a key."