29

(⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️)

Jorge

We pulled into Luxe and found a parking spot. As Evelyn threw the car in park I looked at the building.

It certainly didn't look luxurious. The outside of the building was black with no windows. The only thing I could see was a velvet rope that held a long line of people.

We got out and started walking towards the door.

Once we got there the line was huge. I huffed. "This is going to take forever"

"Hold on. Let me see what I can do." Ev said and dragged me to the front of the line.

I came face to face with the bouncer. He was wearing aviator sunglasses for some reason. It was night so that didn't really make any sense. He was tall and bulky. He looked like he could snap me in half with one hand.

I heard a few people yell at us for cutting.

"Can I help you?" He asked me.

"I-uh," I stuttered.

"He's dating Benji Krol!" Evelyn cut in.

I looked at her.

He raised his eyebrows. "What's your name?" He asked nodding to me.

"J-Jorge Garay?" I squeaked out.

"Proof?"

I dug through my wallet and handed him my school ID.

He studied it and looked at me.

He handed my ID back to me and stepped aside opening the velvet rope to let me and Evelyn in.

"How'd that work?" I asked her.

"You have connections. Everyone knows not to mess with Sin City. No matter who they are. Words going around about you and Benji too. So your name has something to it. They know if they won't let you in they'd have to deal with Benji. And nobody wants that."

I nodded.

I could hear the music before I even opened the doors.

The music pounded in my ears as soon as I walked in.

I came to the top of a staircase. At the bottom was a dance floor with what had to be hundreds of bodies dancing around. To one side was a large bar which served what I assumed to be non alcoholic cocktails.

Evelyn and I walked down the large stair case and pushed our way into the crowd.

The music was so loud I couldn't even comprehend anything.

We made our way to the bar and ordered drinks. She got a cosmo and I went with a mimosa.

I wondered what substitutes they used to make them taste real without actually adding alcohol.

Making our way to the dance floor I let my body flow to the music. This was a good song.

Maybe I will have some fun tonight.

Bodies being pushed together and screaming the lyrics to different songs was all that was happening.

Evelyn and I danced with each other for what felt like hours.

Evelyn and I headed back to the bar to refill.

Once they handed me my drink I took a sip. I set the cup down and turned to Evelyn.

"Are you having fun?" She asked screaming over the thumping music.

"Yea! This turned out to be so much more fun than I thought!" I said laughing.