36

Jorge

Benji led us to the tree. Pulling black gloves out of his pocket he handed a pair to me and Syd.

"It won't scratch up your hands as much and it'll give you a better grip." He said.

I slipped the gloves on my hands. They were a little large for my small hands but I'll manage.

Benji grabbed onto a knot in the tree and began to climb.

I followed after. Hoisting my body up. I held on to the tree for dear life.

Willing myself not to look down I climbed after Benji grabbing onto all the branches he does.

I tried not to shake as I grabbed each branch pulling my weight up.

I felt like I was getting weaker with each branch I grabbed.

Grab and pull.

Grab and pull.

Grab and pull.

I got to the last branch as Benji sat on a large branch that was across from the window above me.

He reached a hand out to me and I grabbed it. Pulling myself up I pushed off a small branch with my foot.

Crack.

Oh no.

Before I knew it the branch snapped and I was falling.

"Jorge!" Benji called out.

Benji held onto my hand and I closed my eyes.

Panic rose through me as I realized I must have been dangling from at least 20 feet in the air.

Benji grunted as he pulled me up.

"Benji my hand is slipping." I said with panic.

"Hold on." He switched his hands and I saw Syd reach the top and they pulled me both up.

My heart racing I grabbed onto the branch with my free hand pulling myself up.

I sat on the branch with the other two and Benji pulled me into his arms.

I was shaking uncontrollably and I felt like I couldn't breathe. My muscles hurt and I would definitely be sore in the morning.

If I made it until then.

"It's okay. Your okay." He said. "We need to get to the window."

He let go and crawled across the branch to the window.

He opened the screen and pushed the window up.

Syd and I followed quickly after him. My hands still shaking from the near death experience.

I landed on a tile floor with a small thump and Benji closed the window.

It was pitch black and I couldn't see anything.

"I can't see anything." Syd whispered.

"No shit Syd." Benji said sarcastically.

"There's extra supplies built into your belt." Milo said through the ear piece. "Use the goggles."

Searching my belt I indeed found a pair of what seemed to be night vision goggles.

I put them on under the bear mask and gazed around the room it was a murky green color but I could see.

I wonder when they equipped us with this stuff.

"Okay. Looking at your phone may not be the best idea if you get jumped so I'll just guide you. Your gonna want to head out the door to your right and then make a left."