28

Jorge

I let my eyes open slowly to find myself in Benjis room. I looked over to see him sleeping peacefully on his back.

His lips were parted slightly as light snores left them. What a sight. I snuggled into his chest and he slipped an arm around me.

I closed my eyes again.

"Good morning sweetheart"

I smiled. "Morning" I thought for a moment. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Are we like. Dating?" I asked nervously looking up at him.

He paused for a second and looked down at me. "Is that even a question? Of course we are!"

I giggled and wrapped my arms around him.

Everything was perfect.

~

Two weeks later

~

"What did you get for number eight?" Ev asked me from across the table.

"3.56" I replied.

"Okay same." She paused. "So that Jaden kid. Who is he?" She asked clearly intrigued.

I rolled my eyes. "He's the bartender. He works for Benji."

"He's cute." She said.

I scoffed. "Oh come on. Your literally broke up with Nick a week ago. Your already on somebody else?"

"Nick was an asshole fuck boy. I didn't need him in my life anymore. Jaden was so nice and sweet at the party." She said.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay Ev whatever you say."

"So what happened with the girl in the basement?" She asked.

I sighed. "Noen convinced her to testify for us so we don't get in trouble. They let her go with a bunch of money the other day. Everything's going to be fine."

"Oh. Wow." She said.

"Yeah. I don't really know the details though." I said trying to concentrate on the next math problem.

"Did you start the English essay?" I asked once I finished my pre calc homework.

"Yeah. But I only have a page done." She said.

I nodded.

"You?"

"I finished it last night but I was wondering if you could proof read." I said.

"Yeah of course." She said.

I handed her my laptop and she read through everything.

A moment later she looked up. "Looks good to me."

"Okay. Thanks." I said.

We continued working for another hour or so until we finally finished all of our homework for the weekend.

"Wanna go out tonight?" She asked.

"Isn't Camille expecting you though?" I asked.

"No. She's away this weekend and I told her I'd spend the weekend with you."

"Oh. Okay. Sure. You have to drive though." My dad didn't let me get my license and I've been too busy lately so I haven't really thought about it.

"For sure."

"Where did you plan on going?" I asked.

"I heard there was this really cool club that opened up called Luxe, that's only for people under 21."