18

Jorge

I was sitting in eighth period with Evelyn. The day has seemed to go pretty good so far which I was grateful for.

When the 8th period bell rang I packed my stuff in the backpack Benji got for me and Evelyn and I walked out together.

"How was your first day back?" She asked me.

"Good I think." I replied smiling.

I headed outside to where Benji was waiting for me.

"You should come over!" I said.

She scrunched up her face. "To Sin City?" I had explained to her mostly what happened in the past couple weeks. I told her everything. She was my best friend.

"Yeah!" I said, "it's basically my home now that I don't live with my douchebag father."

"That's seems kinda sketchy Jey." She said.

"It's not. I mean kinda but I promise everyone is cool there." I said.

"I don't know. Camille was kind of expecting me home." Camille was Evelyn's foster mom. Both of her parents died in a car crash years ago. Before we met. So she didn't really have any family either. Camille and my mother were very good friends and my mom often volunteered to help Camille out. But what made us so close is that we both came from shitty homes. We understood each other.

"Pleeaasee!!" I begged.

"Ugh fine. But only because your my best friend."

I clapped and hugged her.

We approached Benjis car as he was leaning on the hood. He looked up from his phone when he saw us approach.

He smiled when he saw me. "Benji, this is-"

Before I could say another word I heard an all too familiar voice behind me.

"YO BITCH!" I winced at the yelling.

I slowly turned around. Justin.

"D-don't call me that," I said meekly.

"Why? If I call you your real name will it turn you on too much?" He said mockingly laughing.

"Just leave me alone." I said turning away from him.

He grabbed my arm and spun me around.

Before he could say anything a force brought him to the ground.

Before I could blink Benji had him on his stomach with his arms pinned behind his back. "You ever mess with him again, and I'll have my guys rip out your tongue and force it down your throat. Understand?" He said. I could feel the acid dripping off him.

"Yeah man! Okay just g-get off me!" He squirmed.

Benji let him go. "Get the hell out of here!" Benji yelled after him as they ran away.

I sighed and got in the car motioning for Evelyn to get in the back seat.

I could feel the people stare at me as the car pulled out from the lot.

Benji gripped the wheel with white knuckles.

"B-Benji you didn't have to do that," I said barely above a whisper.

"Jorge they needed to get what was coming for them. Plus I would never let anyone insult you like that. I care about you too much." He said staring at the road.

I blushed and looked at my hands.

He spoke again, "who's your friend?"

"Oh sorry. This is Evelyn. My best friend. My dad made me cut ties with her over the summer," I replied.