Chapter 6 : Hero

Song Inspiration: Hero by  Enrique Iglesias

(A/N:Jan 24, 2012) : I found out today, this may be a song in episode 12 and it may have to do with Sam and Mercedes..talk about great minds think alike. I planned this, days ago before it was announced.

Mercedes sat in her car as she stared at the lake and land around her. She couldn't believe that she was out here once again. Too many memories surround her as she looked at the message that Sam sent on her phone.

M, meet me @ the lake. Important. S

She knew twenty reasons why she should have ignored it or said no. But only one reason had her drive up here. Because it was Sam. If he had an important reason for her to show up here, then she needed to come. She sat down her phone as she opened her door and stepped out. Sam got out of the truck, he borrowed from Burt and walked up to her. Mercedes met him halfway as stuck her hands in the pockets of her purple jacket. "What's so important that you needed me to meet you here?" She asked.

Not missing a beat, Sam closed the distance between them and reached out to touch her right cheek. "Us. I wanted there to be no distractions today. No one else but us as I sing my next song to you." He explained. Mercedes let her guard down a bit as she let her cheek lightly rest in the palm of his hand.

Sam smirked a bit as he watched her catch herself, pretending that she didn't do it. But noticed the softness of her cheek warm in his hand. He cleared his throat as he spoke softly. "Are you ready?" Mercedes moved away as she straightened herself up. "I told you that I would let you continue your gifts. Especially since I was alone now." Sam just shook his head as he reached her for hand to hold. "You aren't alone, Mercedes. I'm here for the taking."

He leads her to the truck as he popped the plugin the speaker attachment and pushed play on the iPod. Mercedes noticed, giving him a small smile. "What? No, guitar this time?" Sam slowly shook his head as he held her other hand. "Nope. Couldn't play it while I held you in my arms. And last I remembered, I like holding you better than my guitar." He said before the karaoke music came on for him to sing to. Sam pulled her close to his body as he whispered in her ear.

Let me be your hero

Mercedes' eyes went wide before they started to move. Sam gently rocked with her as he sang to her. Mercedes closed her eyes as she couldn't fight her feelings anymore. His touch felt like a part of her that had been missing. His embrace felt like home. She started to relax as she knew it was just of the two of them. No kids from school. No kids from New Directions. And no Shane.

Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?
Would you run, and never look back?
Would you cry, if you saw me crying?
And would you save my soul, tonight?

Would you tremble, if I touched your lips?
Would you laugh? Oh please tell me this
Now would you die, for the one you love?
Hold me in your arms, tonight

She untangled her hands from his as he pulled back to look at her while he continued to sing. He let her hands go, not sure of what she was about to do. Mercedes just looked up at him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Sam closed his eyes as he sung to her, pulling her back close to his body. They danced in a small, slow circle with Mercedes quietly listening to him sing to her. She leaned her head against him and snuggled into him.

I can be your hero, baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away

Would you swear, that you'll always be mine?
Or would you lie? Would you run and hide?
Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
I don't care you're here, tonight

Sam stopped dancing with her and just held her in the same spot continuing the song. He couldn't help but smile at the fact she was relaxing with him. That may be all the songs he had painstakingly chosen, were getting to her. He knew that each song he had chose spoke about them. From the moment they connected to the moment they both fell in love to the moment he had to leave. The moment he came back and now. He knew that she could feel the words and what they meant as well.

I can be your hero, baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away

He kept his eyes closed as he sang softly into her ear. He had his face practically buried into her neck as he smelled the Jasmine and Lavender scent flowing from her. She was making him want to fall asleep with her wrapped in his arms. But he knew he couldn't . He wouldn't let her go and she would want to leave. No, now wasn't the right time. Not yet.

Oh, I just wanna hold you
I just wanna hold you, oh yeah
Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
Well I don't care you're here, tonight

I can be your hero, baby
I can kiss away the pain, oh yeah
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away

He pulled away from her and unwrapped his arms from around her. He moved his hands up to her face as he saw the unshed tears sparkling in her eyes as he leaned in and sung the last part. His mouth just inches from hers as his warm, double-mint flavored breath tingled the skin of her lips. Mercedes split her focus between his green eyes and his pink lips singing his feelings for her. She held onto tightly wondering how she was going to make it to Valentine's day.

I can be your hero, I can kiss away the pain
(I can be your hero, baby)
And I will stand by you, forever
You can take my breath away
And I can be your hero

Sam, finished the song as the music faded off. They both stood there in silence as he continued to hold her face and she locked her arms around his neck. "T-that, was beautiful." She said in a nervous tone. "I guess, I should say-." She stopped when he leaned in before he moved her head down. He surprised them both with a kiss on her forehead. "Thank you." She finished. "I didn't expect that. Why there?" She asked, amazed at what he chose to do.

"I think we aren't ready yet." He explained. "The kiss we share is supposed to feel like home. Like everything great about us. Not guilt. Not surrender. I want Shane out of your system. Completely. No hang ups or bad feelings. And when he is, then you and I will pick up where we just left off." He said before he let her go and walked her to her car. "So, this was all we were doing to do this Saturday?" She asked, feeling slightly disappointed in the fact there wasn't more.

"Yup." He smiled at her. "Got to do this as planned. But trust me, by the time we get to the next week you won't know what hit ya. I'm about to sweep you off your feet, Miss Jones." He grinned as he opened her door and helped her in. "Again, thank you." She told him as she buckled her seat belt before she looked back at him. "I really mean it, Sam." She honestly told him. "I know you do. And you are welcome, beautiful." He whispered and caressed her cheek one last time before he closed her door. He walked backwards as he waved at her, while she started the car up.

Sam watched her wave back before he turn and ran to the truck. He jumped in the air before he landed back on his feet, giving himself a fist pump in the air. Mercedes chuckled a bit as she waited for him to get in the truck and start it up. As the two of them drove in the same direction, out of the area, Mercedes felt good. If Sunday morning was anything like this morning, she knew that Sam Evans was going to bring his A-game once again to try to win her heart. He just didn't know that there was no need to try and win it. Her heart was already his.