V. Reunited

Dylan was flying again. Four years in showbiz and he was getting a little tired from traveling. He glanced at his seat mate. Hao-Ge was sleeping with a soft snore. It has only slightly over a year but he could still envisioned Yue's head on his shoulder till they landed in Beijing. He smiled.

True enough to her words, they remained fast friends. She was busy with her final year thesis and graduation, followed by an internship at Hunan TV while he had filming and endorsements which kept them from meeting up. He missed her terribly. The more they chatted on Wechat and video chat, the more he wanted to be with her.

He had thought his feelings would fade away after Phuket, like what she said would happened. But why didn't it? Dylan scratched his ear and closed his eyes. He needed to put away his feelings before they consumed him. After all, with his company contract, he was not allowed to have a girlfriend for 5 years. One more year to go. And that little girl had to stick with her "one man till death do us part" oath. "Looks like I'm gonna be single forever." He muttered grumpily.

When he arrived at the airport, his fangirls crowded around him as usual. He was even more popular now than when he first got started. How he wished he was in the VIP lane today. His mask covered his face but he was sure his fans would see the dark circles underneath his eyes.

A particular figure came close to his right side with her phone. She was walking fast and stayed very consistently with her pace. Dylan looked ahead but he could sense her right next to him. She was getting a little too close to him. He glanced down sideways at her feet. Nike shoes. Then he slowly traced his eyes upwards. Slender slim legs. And then, it was those big brown eyes staring at him that made him stopped abruptly.

"Yue Yue!"

She grinned and winked. The fangirls around him started whispering to each other.

"Don't stop, Didi," Hao-Ge muttered. "Keep going. You can talk to her when we get to the car."

Dylan looked at her and she nodded. She continued to record him and walked with him. He turned and whispered to Hao-Ge, who nodded and turned around to walk next to Yue on the other side. She noticed the sudden movement and understood that Hao-Ge wanted her to follow him. She put her phone down, and smiled at Dylan before breaking away from the formation. What is the little girl doing here today?

———-

"Didi!" She called out when he got into the car.

He smiled and plopped down next to her and ruffled her hair. "Hey, I didn't know you got your old job back?"

She laughed. "I told Hsu-jie that I wanted to see this old friend of mine and she gave me the green light. How long has it been since we last met? 1 year?"

"Too long! Did you bring any food for me today? I'm famished."

"What do you think I am? Your nanny?" She smacked his arm. He laughed. "Feed me, nanny!" he cried in a baby's voice.

"You have not grown up one bit, Didi. Are you still practising your English?"

"Didn't I tell you that I impressed the ladies in Italy with it? I can now carry a whole conversation with people," he said proudly.

"Well done, my young student! Don't embarrass your teacher."

They continued chatting and they did not realise that they have arrived at his company office. He needed to come back for a meeting with his manager.

Hao-Ge turned around and eyed them "We are turning into the office carpark, Didi. Can we let her down at the side first?"

Yue nodded. "No worries, Hao-ge. Just dropped me off at the sidewalk."