IX. House Call 2

Dylan rubbed his eyes. Without his glasses, he could not see much. He touched his forehead. His fever was gone. He felt much better already. But something was amiss. Has Shen Yue left?

He could sense a presence of another being in the room. He turned and came face-to-face with a female lying next to him.

Her eyes were closed and he could see her long lashes. He had seen her side profile but having this direct view was breathtaking. He held his breath as he drank in her beauty. His eyes trailed her face from her eyes, her nose, her cheeks and her mouth. He stopped there.

His heart was beating fiercely. He swallowed his saliva. But his throat was too dry. He put his face a little closer.

She stirred and the next thing he knew, she was looking at him in daze.

"Didi...Are you feeling better?" She reached out her hand to touch his forehead. She smiled and said softly, "Good. Fever is gone." Her eyes closed back. Dylan watched her with amusement.

Then, suddenly she opened her eyes with realization this time. Somehow in the night, she had rolled closer to Dylan, as though searching for human heat.

"Didi.....sorry I didn't mean to doze off. You were burning and I had to change you and then I felt tired so I thought... ."

She stopped when she saw Dylan looking at her intently. His eyes were like magnet, drawing her strength, making her knees go weak. She gulped. His face moved closer, her eyes grew larger. She swore he could hear her heartbeat.

Dylan tilted his head slightly and inched nearer to her. He was sure his aim was right but how the heck did his lips land on her hand? He pulled back, surprised and saw that she had covered her mouth with her hand. Her eyes were twice as big as usual.

"Yue Yue... I just want to.." Before he could continue, Yue jumped up and said quickly, "I will prepare breakfast. Get ready and come out." She bolted out of the door like lightning.

Dylan chuckled. He got up and freshened himself before heading out to confront her.

————-

"Did you see everything?" Dylan asked, as he took a bite of the sandwich. He eyed Yue closely.

Instead of cowering, she proudly said, "Of course. You have nothing to show off anyways, Didi," She lied. She turned her head so he would not see her tomato colored cheeks.

"Very well. I am yours now. You have to take responsibility." He said casually.

"What?!! That is super ridiculous, Wang He Di!" She pouted.

"Shen Yue, you have seen one of the highest paid actors in China, shirtless and you almost molested him..."

"I was sponging you, idiot! I should have let you die." she complained taking a bite of the sandwich.

"I don't care." Dylan said.

He had to stop himself from laughing. Seeing Yue fuming was quite fun. But a few seconds later, her angry look become something else. She was smiling. Not the ordinary sweet smile. It was menacing.

"Okay," she responded.

She came towards him and leaned close to him, putting a finger on his chin. It was Dylan's turn to feel awkward. "Wang He Di. I will do anything if you feel happy about it. But first, take this!" She popped an egg on his neck and squealed.

"Gotcha!!!" She laughed.

"Shen Yue!! I m gonna get you for this!!!!! You rascal!!!" He got up and tried to grab her but she was too fast.