VII. Bad Idea

Shen Yue was happy that she was getting two days off. She had been so busy that she was not even paying attention to her feelings for Dylan. Perhaps when I get more sleep, I can think and feel better. She yawned. It was evening and she had made plans to eat a quiet dinner and watch a movie before calling it a day.

Before she could even reach the elevator, he caught up with her.

"Hey, Yue! Are you free tonight? We are having a pajamas party with Xi Zi and a few other friends".

She looked at him. "Why would you invite a girl to an all-boys party? And I don't wear pajamas to sleep." She turned and started to walk.

"Oh... so what do you wear?"

"I....wear nothing. Happy?" Seeing how Dylan reacted. "Now, leave me alone. I need to cuddle on my bed tonight." She yawned again.

"It won't be long. Come and have some fun! Help me take photos. Please?" Dylan looked at her with puppy eyes.

"Hmrphh, okay just this time. But I'm not wearing pajamas."

"Great! I can ask our driver to drop us off at the place."

She meekly followed him and wondered why must she always blindly obey him.

-—————-

Dylan was excited when Yue said yes to his invitation. He had wanted to ask her out on a date but it would be too obvious. The least they could do at the party was chat and hang out. It had been all work and no play for both of them for months.

When they arrived at the place, which looked like a bar, Dylan pulled Yue's hand and led her in. The music had started and there were some guys sitting and drinking at the side.

"Hey Xi Zi!" He called out. They started to high-five each other. Then, they noticed her.

"Is she your new assistant?" Xi Zi asked.

Yue smiled. "Please call me Yue Yue. Sorry I didn't know there is a themed pajamas wear. I came straight from office." She said bashfully, sending Dylan a murderous glare.

"Hi, no problem. You look fine. Dylan, your pajamas is in the room there. Go and change."

"Are you okay being alone, Yue?" Dylan asked.

She nodded.

Yue noticed there was another girl at the place. She looked pretty and was wearing all black. Her hair was tied up. She had noticed Yue coming in and came over to say hi.

"Hi Yue, I'm Mei Mei. Are you Dylan's friend?"

"Uh huh, I'm actually his assistant. Nice to meet you." She shook Mei's hands. Yue could not help but wonder if Mei was Dylan's girlfriend. He had not told her before if he was dating. Was he even allowed to date? Ignoring her thought, she decided to be friendly with Mei. "Are you in the showbiz too?"

Mei laughed. "Oh no! I'm a tattoo artist."
Yue looked excited. "Wow, that's interesting! You are the first I know. How long have you been a tattoo artist?"

"For as long as I can remember!" She smiled. "I knew Dylan when he came to get his tattoo done."

Yue's eyes widened. "Where?"

Mei smiled "He won't let me tell anyone. Why don't you ask him later? Anyways, let me get you a drink." She pulled Yue's hand and led her to the table.

Dylan came back out with an identical pajamas like the other boys. Yue giggled. The last time she had a pajamas party was in high school. These boys really do need to grow up. She stared at Dylan. Even in that outfit, he still looked super good. Her ears started to feel warm.