Chapter 13

Jack's POV

The soft glow of my phone illuminates my face as i try to preoccupy myself. I look up when I hear a car drive away from across the street, and see a girl standing in front of the movie theater, smiling brightly at the flowers in front of her. I watch her more closely, studying her. She's a very beautiful girl, appearing to be about eighteen years old. Her face looks familiar, but more mature.

A grin spreads across my face as I see someone meet up with her.

They talk for a moment, before smiling and head into the movie theater. I move out of the shadows, and head into the restaurant next to the movie theater, and sit by the windows, where I can have a clear view of them leaving. All I have to do now is sit and wait.

***

After about two hours sitting there- and three cups of coffee- I finally see them walking out. He says something that makes her nod and smile, then they walk off. I quickly stand up, put a five-dollar bill on the table, and leave.

I head to my car, keeping a close eye on them. I look over and see the boy's car parked about five spots over.  A while later, I see them walking back. He says something to her, and she smiles and nods. Then they walk in my direction. I quickly jump into the driver's side of my car, starting the ignition. They walk past me, and I sigh in relieve when I hear her laughing fade away. I soon see their car leave, and follow them from a distance. After some time, he parks in front of a large, nice house. They both step out and he walks her up to the door, stopping to chat.

I quietly step out of my car, and move right behind the tree to the side of his car. I watch them as she pecks him on the cheek, then goes inside. He stands there for a minute, then walks towards me.

I silently stay behind the tree and right as he reaches out to open his car door, I sneak up behind him and put him in a chokehold.

"Guess who?" I hold him as he grips my arm with his hands, trying to escape my grip.

"Let go," he struggles to say, and I chuckle and loosen my grip, then toss my arm around his shoulder in a side hug.

"What the hell was that for?" He glares at me, breathing hard as he shoves his body away from me.

I frown lightly. "Now now, that's no way to talk to your father, is it?"

He glares at me again, then averts his gaze. "Why are you here?"

"Aw, come on Son, I just wanted to see how your date went! Is that a problem, Zaine?"

He shakes his head. "It was fine. I'm doing just what you asked me to." He looks at the girls house, then back at me. "Can we leave? I don't want her to see us."

"Well why not? You're not trying to hide her from me, are you?" I step closer to him, still smiling, but with vicious intention.

He cowers in fear, before stuttering,
"N-no, Father. I just... I didn't want to ruin the fun for us before we... You know..." He tries to think of the right words, and I burst into a chuckle.

"You're right, you're right! Okay, we can leave. When we get home, you'll tell me everything you found out about her." I turn towards my car but then stop. "Oh, and by the way, thank you for showing me where she lives." I smirk and walk to my car, heading back to the place I used to call my home.