Bonus Chapter - Shon

Shon's POV

The keys click against the kitchen counter as I set them down, exhausted from a long day at work. Heading to the fridge, I grab a beer and crack it open, sighing with the satisfying fizzle of the can. I feel hands wrap around my waist and I smile.

"Did I wake you?" I ask, turning around in her grip, and I tilt her chin up with my finger, getting a clear view of her shining hazel eyes.

"No, I was waiting for you."

"I'm sorry, Sarah. One of the nurses at work called in sick and I offered to cover their shift." I take another sip of my beer, then set it down on the counter. "I should've texted you sooner, but it was so hectic. we had a patient who was—"

She cuts me off as she stands on her toes, connecting her soft lips with mine. "It's fine. You're here now, that's all that matters."

I rub my thumb on her cheek, taking in her face. Her lips are plump and rosy pink, her bright hazel eyes staring at me in hunger. She steps away from me and over to the stairs, and I take in her body. Her perfect curves are outlined in the black lace lingerie, and my face heats up. I always hated how easily she made me blush.

"Well?" She says and I snap my eyes up to her eyes, blushing some more after realizing I was caught staring. I might've well just started drooling like the dog I was.

"Are you coming? I wouldn't want to spend the night alone." She smirks, her voice low and playful. In a flash, I'm right behind her, and when we get to the bedroom, I shut the door, ready for a sleepless night.

***

I get home after an easy day at work, and head to my bedroom to take off my scrubs. I strip my white shirt off underneath my scrubs and feel the buzz of my phone in my pocket. I grab it, expecting it to be a spam number, but when I read the name I nearly drop my phone in shock.

Evelyn.

I inhale a deep breath and exhale,  before answering the call as nonchalant as possible. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Shon?" Her voice is as light as air, and I can even picture her face as clear as day, even though it's been nine years since the day she walked away.

"Evelyn?"

She lets out a light laugh, and in an instant, my face lights up, as if she's in front of me. "Oh, good. I was afraid you had changed your number after all these years."

"I could say the same to you! H-how have you been? It's been like, what, nine years?" I wince at my stuttering, heat creeping up my face.

"Yeah. Time really flies..." there's some noise in the background, and Evelyn sighs. "Hold on one second, the baby just woke up."

My eyes slightly widen at the word baby as I sit there in silence, listening to the loud noises.

"Okay, I'm back. Sorry about that."

I shake my head even though she can't see me. "N-no, it's okay. You... have kids?"

"Two, I have a 4-year-old girl named Rowan, and a baby boy named Easton."

My eyes widen at the boy's name, and I feel a slight pang in my chest. "Easton..."

"That's why I wanted to call you. I..." she exhales and I unconsciously do the same. "I want you to meet them."