Chapter 19.

I was awoken by the sound of thunder, making me jump in fright in my small toddler sized bed. I hate storms. Always have, especially lightning, it's so bright when it shoots across the sky, even more scary when it hits the ground. I rubbed my eyes and slid down off my bed, grabbing Mr. Penguin that Mom had bought me from the zoo. As I made my way down the hallway I started plucking at Mr. Penguins eyes, I wish Mom would've listened to me and had taken me to see the mermaids, but I was told that this zoo didn't have mermaids and we'd have to go to one another day that does. So Mr. Penguin will have to do for now, I suppose.

I pushed my Mommy and Daddy's door open to their bedroom, they weren't in bed. I walked inside the room farther into the darkness.

"Mommy?" I whispered making a circle around the room. No response. "Daddy?" I asked again, no response. I dropped Mr. Penguin to my side frowning. Where are they? I made my way back down the hallway and down the stairs, I heard voices coming from the kitchen.

"I can't stay here, Mathias. I'll only be putting you and Lucy in danger." I heard mommy's voice say, I stopped on the fourth step and sat down. Watching them between the wooden bars of the railing.

"We'll figure this out, Natalia. What you're talking about happened in another country. What happened between the boy and Voldemort is between them, you don't have to go." My daddy said reaching for mommy's hand across the table, she sighed and wiped a tear away.

"Harry Potter is the same age as Lucy. When they both become of age to attend a Wizardry school is when all of this will escalate to something even more worse than it is now. He's getting stronger, and you know this." My mom said to my dad, he closed his eyes and held his head down. Who's Harry Potter? Who's Voldemort?

I continued fiddling with Mr. Penguin, what is going on?

Mommy rose from her chair and held my father, she kissed the side of his temple and smiled gently. Then grabbed her small bag and headed towards the door, I stayed hidden in the dark on the stairs in silence. She held her hand on the handle, but was hesitant to open the door.

"I love you more than words can describe, Mathias. You've given me a wonderful life over the past four years. And you've been an excellent father to my daughter, which is more than I could ever ask for," She turned around and placed small kiss on his lips, my fathers face was soaked with tears. "I knew I would have to return to him at some point, and now is that time. Lucy won't understand, but when the time is right. Will you tell her?" My mommy's tears began to flow just as my fathers.

"Of course, Natalia. If this is what you think is best... then go..." My daddy's voice was breaking, mommy's face finally relaxed and she stopped crying. She reached her hand up and placed it on his cheek.

"Don't let her forget me. Let her know how much I love her." Mommy smiled one last time and went out the glass door, it was pouring outside and her hair already begun to flatten from the rain, and at the end of the sidewalk was a tall blonde man, his hair was slicked back and was combed perfectly straight, and he wore all black. My father closed the door and covered his face with his hands, I stood up from my small spot on the stairs and held onto Mr. Penguin tightly.

"Daddy?" I asked, he looked up frantically and approached me at the stairs, "Mommy's not coming back is she?" I asked. He smiled and picked me up, carrying me upstairs in one of his arms.

"Let's go back to bed, baby. Don't worry about that." Daddy tucked me into bed and kissed my forehead, I ran my little thumb on his cheekbone.

"You're crying, a lot, Daddy." I said sadly, he smiled and wiped his tears away.

"I'm crying because of how lucky I am to have such an amazing, beautiful, daughter. I love you. Go to sleep." He said while wrapping my arm around Mr. Penguin, I giggled and pulled the covers up to my chest as he left the room. I wonder when mommy will be back, she didn't say bye.