Chapter 12 (Destruction)

The weather seemed to be getting hotter today, you even stopped at a small store to buy a T-shirt so you could change out of your long sleeve shirt. The sky looked almost yellow, you couldn't really look up because of the strong light hitting your eyes making you squint. you had stopped for some snacks on the way home from work when the sudden change of weather appeared. Saitama and you were watching the news a day before and they didn't say anything about hot weather.

"Why in the world is it so hot?" you asked with both hands on your hips.

"Attention! this is an announcement from the hero association. Emergency evacuation warning, the threat level is dragon, evacuate immediately. Twenty-one more minutes until meteor impact" Sirens went off in every corner.

Before you could react people started packing in the streets ready to abandon their homes "A meteor?!" you asked shivering, looking back up carefully you finally saw a huge ball ready to strike "it's huge" said a man beside you stepping out of his car.

'what should i do?!' you thought, pacing back and forth, What about Saitama and Genos? maybe they had already left and were waiting for you, or maybe they were already looking for you. Shaking your head you quickly ran past the people towards your apartment. A police officer took hold of you before you got any further "Ma'am you can't go that way!" he said.

"b-but my friends!" you responded.

"they are probably already on their way to safety, you must also get to safety" He insisted

Slipping out of his grip, you still ran towards your destination, everything seemed to blur as you ran with short breath, a large meteor piece hit the sidewalk across from you sending a wave strong enough to send you flying into a wall making you pass out. Ringing replaced the sound of sirens as you slowly saw with blurry eyes fragments of the meteor hit around you.

"Saitama..." you whispered giving in to the slumber...

You woke up with a headache and a wet sensation, slowly you lifted yourself from the soft bed 'a hospital?' you asked yourself looking around the room.

...

"ah good you are awake" a voice came from the door " how are you feeling?" asked a doctor

"um good...what happened to me?" you asked glancing at the man.

"you've been out cold for a good solid 3 days, you were found under rubble after the meteor disaster" he answered calmly.

"three days! omg I can't believe I was out for that long" you said cupping your own cheeks

"Well we just need to run some test, change your bandages and you'll be free to go," he said checking some papers he had in hand, you nodded trying to recall the moment you passed out but couldn't remember anything. It was about 5:50 p.m. when they let you out of the hospital, you hand bandages on your head and hand, you hurried to the apartment hoping Saitama and Genos were ok. Homes, buildings, stores, and cars were destroyed all over the place, civilians tried to recover what they could from their torn homes.

"Are you the one!? the jerk-off responsible for destroying this city!?" you heard a deep voice scream out a few feet away from you getting your attention "unbelievable! how can you show your face!?" he continued.

Carefully making your way up a small hill you say two tall men one being the guy you and Saitama encountered, below them was...SAITAMA!

"do you feel nothing at the sight of this devastation!? you're gloating thinking you've actually saved these people! why else would you be walking around so shamelessly!? thanks to your screw-up, these citizens have nowhere to go! if you were going to fail this hard, why'd you butt in!? the other heroes would have done a better job!" the man screamed out