08. Lost

All in was getting a really good response from the fans and international audience, and Changkyun was satisfied with his presentation. The making of the video, even if confusing, was very nice to do in company of his hyungs. Of course they had some discussions on what the whole album was about and what the fans thought it could be going on, but Changkyun could sense a particular tension between Hyungwon and the rest of the members.

Except today it wasn't the best moment for them to be awkward around each other. They had sold out Blue Square Samsung Card Hall in five minutes, they couldn't disappoint all these fans that had put in so much for them.

"You and Minhyuk are the main characters of all this. We all agreed to this message since we decided to join Starship; that includes you, hyung," Changkyun overheard Jooheon discussing with Hyungwon inside of their dressing room. "You shouldn't worry about it, he won't notice. He didn't say anything about the music video."

"Because he probably didn't even watch it."

"It's gonna be okay," Hyunwoo was there too." The presentation is not the video, the lyrics song are not obvious. If he notices something, there's no way he can claim anything to you about it. Don't worry."

"He'll see us at the end of the concert. What if he notices something about Hoseok and Kihyun hyungs?"

"What about them?" asked Jooheon suspicious but didn't get a reply.

Changkyun was barely understanding anything, so he decided it was time to stop hiding and entered the room. "Kihyun hyung told me to come and get you, hyungs."

Hyungwon stormed out of the room while Jooheon only smiled and followed.

"Is there something wrong, hyung?"

Hyunwoo sighed and nodded, "yes, but right now it's not the best moment to talk about it. Let's focus on the concert, okay?" Changkyun lowered his head in thought. "Aigoo, stop looking so worried, babe."

The maknae's heart did two things in a matter of seconds, first it completely stopped (or Changkyun felt so) and then it started beating so fast he may have been going under tachycardia. Kihyun used to call him 'baby', but because he rather actually considered Changkyun his baby, his son. But despite them playing around as if Kihyun was the mother and Hyunwoo their father, the leader had never addressed any of them (except Jooheon) with a nickname like this.

Not to make the situation awkward, Changkyun pretended he was okay with the name and accepted his hyung's half hug and walked by his side towards the stage.

The whole show was a success. Changkyun felt like crying because it was a feeling even better than being home surrounded by your family watching a Christmas film while enjoying some hot chocolate. It made him forget about every problem or hardship they've had so far while in Monsta X. It made him feel like he had been with these guys for years and years, and it also made him feel as if he knew every single Monbebe present and not present.

This was it, the best sensation in the world. What he had been working so hard to get.

And then he looked at each one of his band mates, and they looked just as happy, returning his stare with a smile just as big as his, as if telling him they were thinking and feeling alike. But Hyunwoo, his eyes where filled with a deeper meaning Changkyun could not decipher.

As they came down of the stage, he noticed Hyungwon having a serious conversation with Hoseok and Kihyun, in which the eldest seemed upset and the main vocalist rather ashamed. Changkyun was still unaware of the real meaning of their discussion, but he had been observing and had some theories of his own. Hopefully Hyunwoo would give him answers.