TWENTY TWO

Serenity POV

A few weeks after graduation I decided to get a job at a cafe down the street from my house. I needed something to occupy my time before I go to college. Summer is going to be short and I need to save up some money. "Welcome to The Lounge, how may I help you"I greeted the two customers who came in and walked up to the counter.

"Hello, do you have anything with no sugar and no fat's?"One girl asked me.

"Water?"I responded trying to sound rude.

"Don't mind her, can I get a mocha frappe and a double chocolate chip brownie?"The other girl asked me.

I nodded, "One mocha frappe, double chocolate chip brownie...and a water"

"Wait is the water sugar free?"
____________________________________

When my shift was over I grabbed my change of clothes out of my locker and went to the bathroom to change. Once I was down changing I put my uniform in my locker and grabbed my purse.

While I was walking out I bumped into someone. "Aye watch were you going girl" A voice called out. "Sorry"I apologized and looked up to see that I bumped into a girl. "You straight, my name is Amari what's yo name"Amari asked me while dusting herself off.

"Serenity"I responded while doing the same thing. "You have a strong accent, where are you from"I asked her.

"I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana"Amari responded then pulled out her phone and typed something.

"I gotta be somewhere but gimme yo numba and ima call you"

I put my number in her phone and we waved each other goodbye. I walked out of the cafe and opened my phone to the lyft app. "20 dollars for a fucking lyft!"I sliently said to my self. This shit to crazy.

When I made it home I went up to August's room to make sure he was sleep. My mom wasn't home, she probably went to the club with some of her friends.

I enters my room sat my bag down on the floor and took my shoes off. I sat on my bed and turned my tv on to Netflix so I could find something to watch. Then out of nowhere my stomach decided to growl.
To think about it I really didn't eat anything today. I opened the post mates app on my phone and decided to order a 20 piece hot wing and fries from wing stop.

Once my food got here I sat it on my desk in my room and turned the tv to Orange is the new Black.

I was about to start eating but I got a message on my phone.

I opened it and saw it was from Esteban.

Esteban: Goodnight❤️

Serenity:Night❤️

____________________________________

This chapter was short I sorry😭 but do y'all think Amari is gonna be a real friend or not?

❤️🧡💛💚💙

Not edited