TWENTY NINE

Summer is almost finished and I'm moving to California. I'm tired of being in Atlanta there is nothing here for me except my mom and my little brother. Too much shit goes on in this city and I need a fresh start. A chance to be a different better person, a chance to make new friends. "Big sista, I going to miss you."August cried while hugging me. "I know baby, but I won't be gone for long I'm coming back for thanksgiving and Christmas."I told him while bending down and giving him a hug."Its such a shame your father isn't here to see you go."My mom said while getting up and wiping her eyes. "I'm not worried about him. I'm going to miss yall so much."I said while also getting up and wiping my eyes. They waved me goodbye as I walked into the airport.

———————————————————————————

When I finally landed in l.a.x I ordered a lyft to the apartments I was going to be living in. When I got there I was surprised—it was a bunch of people in swimsuits partying right outside. Well, I guess that's what I should expect it's LA and UCLA is right down the street from the apartments. Walking up to the building I checked my phone to make sure I had the right apartment number. When I got up the stairs to my apartment I opened the door and walked in. It's a 1 bedroom, and 1 bathroom apartment but it's big enough for me. I unpacked all my things then called my mom to let her know that I made it. Then I got into the shower and cleaned my body. When I was done I got out dried off and put some boxers and a thrasher tshirt on. I went into my living room and ordered some Chinese takeout from a place I saw when I was in my lyft. I ordered some boneless teriyaki chicken and some shrimp fried rice. When my food got here I paid and watched Netflix on my tv. I have one more week before school starts. I really need to go to campus and make sure I have all my class in order. I'm so excited to start school and get my degree.

___________________________________

So short sorry, but I have a new story called "Doing Too Much." Please read it and lmk if yall want it to be a real story or not.