vision | daniel

daniels pov-

"And we're back with recent accidents, we were informed that 19 year old, Madison Reading, a former student at Stanford University, was killed instantly in a severe car accident just a few hours ago. Suspects say it wasn't her fault. She was hit by a drunk driver which caused a third car to hit her on the driver said, killing her immediately. Our prayers go out to her family and loved ones..."

They played a slideshow full of pictures of her, casted in front of the entire state of California. I covered my mouth with one of my hands as the other gripped my hair. She couldn't be gone. Tears started falling out my eyes, faster and faster as more pictures showed up.

The boys all came running towards the living room, seeing the news posted everywhere. She was the student body president, along with multiple other things. She had her whole life ahead of her. She was studying to be an english teacher and a book publisher.

The boys came over to me, trying to comfort me as much as possible but I wanted to be alone right now. I pushed all of them away as I ran outside. I didn't know where I was going but I needed to clear my mind.

Madison was the love of my life. I would have done anything for that girl.

I met her one evening at a carnival. She was with her best friend, crying beside a concession stand. I won a stuffed spider-man plush and decided to give it to her, seeing that she was wearing a spider man shirt. I remember her wiping her tears away before smiling at me. I asked her why she was crying and she told me her ex boyfriend was throwing mixed emotions at her, plus the whole background of everything in between. As she talked, I took time to study her. The way she stood, the way she rolled her eyes when she mentioned his name, and the softness in her voice.

I eventually got her number. We talked all the next day, about anything you could think of. I told her I was in a band and she fell in love with us. She told me she recently moved her a few months ago because she was accepted into Stanford. She was such a beautiful and smart girl, I don't see how she could be so heart broken. I found out she also had depression which affected her life majorly.

After a few weeks of texting, I decided to take her out on a date, an actual fancy sit down date. I wanted to make her mine so badly. It's like a fell in love at first site. I've seen so many girls before but she stood out like a red rose in a field of sunflowers.

About 7 months pass by and we were officially dating. I spent as much time with her as possible. With her being in college and me being in a band, the distance and time was rough. We some how always made it work though. I've learned to love as her flaws and insecurities. Everything from head to toe, inside and out. I loved her more than anything before. I wanted to make her my wife someday and have kids with her.

Then, after almost 2 years of dating, things went downhill. We started arguing over something so stupid. I accused her of cheating. For one, I knew she never would but in my head, the events that were going one made me pin untrue points together.

Her ex boyfriend added her on snapchat again and tried getting back with her. Every time she would leave the house, I thought she was going to meet up with him. I kept seeing his name pop up on her phone but I never once went through messages between them. Until that night, when she took a shower. I unlocked her phone and everything I didn't want to believe was right in front of my eyes.

Only if I would've checked the dates to see when the messages were sent and saved. All their old messages were on their and jumped to conclusions thinking they were recent. When I confronted her, she snapped. Saying she would never cheat on me and tried proving it. But I back lashed on her and said things that my mother would kill me for saying.

She left the house, crying, full body of tears. I shouldn't have let her leave. I should've made her stay. She could be here with me, in my arms. As I continued walking, my legs became weak and I fell to the ground. I slammed my fists onto the pavement, not caring that they were bleeding. I wanted her back. I want everything back.

"Daniel?"
"Baby, hey, wake up,"

I sat straight up, looking around the room. I was in bed. Wrapped up next to Madison.

"Are you okay?" She pressed her palm lightly to my cheek, wiping the tears that had formed away.

I threw my arms around her, crying harder than ever before.

"Oh my god, Madison. I love you so much. So, so much."

She chuckled, pulling my face in front of hers, "I love you too. What were you dreaming about?"

We laid back down as I explained the whole nightmare to her. We both ended up crying in the process but peacefully falling back asleep.

Something tells me that the ring I bought her is gonna come in handy tomorrow night.