coffee | jonah

"Hello, welcome to Starbucks. What can I get you today?" I smiled at the guy on the other side of the counter.

He's well known here since he comes in almost everyday. In fact, everyone that works here knows him. Some guys said congrats to him on his new song release. They've had it playing nonstop in the back.

"Can I get a cinnamon dolce creme, please?"

"Of course. Is that everything?"

"Could I possibly get your number too?"

I was taken back by what he said. I felt my cheeks getting red. I stuttered for a solid ten seconds, cashing him out. He smirked a bit, taking back his membership card.

I quickly made his drink. I grabbed a sharpie, writing my number nicely on the side of it. I placed in on the counter, "Thank you, gorgeous. And thank you for the drink."

I watched him sit down with his friends in the corner of the place. My shift was ending soon, I hope he's still here by then.

To my surprise he was. I took off my apron, hanging it up in the back. I took off my hat and pin, putting it in my personal locker. I let my hair down, running my fingers threw it a few times. I grabbed my phone, sticking it in my back pocket. I slung my purse over my shoulder, walking out from the back.

My co-workers said goodbye to me as I made my way for the front door. "Hey, Y/N," Jonah called. I smiled slightly, going over to them. "Do you wanna hang out?" He licked his lips slowly. "Sure. My shift just ended so I'm free."

He looked at the boys, waving them off. They all cheered him on saying things like "get it jonah" and "uuuu yeah."

We walked out of the store, heading right for my car since they all took an uber here. "You left your coffee back there." I mentioned. "I don't need it anymore." He chuckled, turning up some music as we drove away.

______
6.30.19
wc: 349
kinda short :/