Chapter 13

~Spencer~

It's been two weeks since I've seen Mia. The only time I've seen Mia. She's all I can think about and I really want to see her again.

I know she's leaving the hospital today but I don't know when we can see each other. I hope she remembers me asking if we could meet up sometime after she got out of the hospital.

I'm asking her again tonight.

I'm supposed to have off work all weekend which is only two days away. I never get off work for the weekend or ever for that matter, so this might be my only chance to see her for awhile.

I just need to see her again more than anything.

I still feel like I don't really know her enough. We've been texting every day for the last two weeks but it's mostly me just checking on her. We don't really talk about ourselves or have any deep conversations. I want to do that in person.

I take a deep breath then grab my bag and head to work. I just want this day to be over already so I can talk to Mia.

~~~~~

I sit at my desk and stare at the stack of paper work I have to fill out. This is going to take at least three hours so I'm probably gonna be here for most of the night.

I get my phone out and check the time. It's already after 11:00. I quickly text Mia hoping she didn't go to bed yet.

Spencer: hey Mia. Are you still awake?

She texts back immediately and I smile when I read her name on my screen.

Mia: of course I am. I've been waiting to hear from you

Spencer: did you leave the hospital today?

Mia: yeah I did right before lunch time. I'm at my mom's house now

Spencer: I'm glad you're finally out of there. How are you doing?

Mia: I'm doing pretty good. You don't always have to ask me how I'm doing, you know

Spencer: but I want to

Mia: are you home yet?

Spencer: no I'm still at work. I'll probably be here all night. I'm in the break room right now making myself 10 cups of coffee to stay awake

Mia: you drink too much coffee Spencer. It's bad for you, you know

I laugh, reading Mia's text messages.

Spencer: yeah I know

I hesitate before sending my next text. I want to ask her but I'm nervous.

Spencer: I have a question

Mia: what?

Spencer: would it be okay if I came and visited you this weekend?

Mia immediately texted back.

Mia: yes!

Spencer: I'm finally off work for the whole weekend and I was thinking I could fly out to Connecticut tomorrow night and we could spend the whole weekend together. Is that okay?

Mia: yes!! I'm so excited

I was so relieved after reading her texts. I don't know what I would've done if she said no.

I mean, I knew she would've probably said yes, but I was still nervous that maybe she didn't want to see me again.

Spencer: okay well I guess I'll see you this weekend then

Mia: yayyy

Spencer: I'll let you go to bed now and I'll get back to my all-nighter work shift

Mia: ok. Good luck and don't drink too much coffee

Spencer: I'll try. Goodnight Mia

Mia: goodnight Spencer

I put my phone away and started some of my paperwork. I couldn't stop smiling and all I could think about was how many hours until I get to see her again.

Time can't go by fast enough when you want it to.