Chapter 20

~Mia~

All I could hear was beeping.

My head was pounding. My entire body was aching.

I didn't know where I was or what was going on.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw several people standing around me. I couldn't focus my eyes on anything.

"She's awake." I heard someone say.

"Mom, I think we should leave them alone." I heard another voice.

Two people left the room, leaving one other person standing beside me.

I squeezed my eyes shut then opened them again and let them focus.

"Spencer-" I tried to talk. My voice was shaky. Tears started to fill my eyes.

"Shh, It's okay. Don't try to talk. You got into a car accident on your way to the airport. You have a lot of broken bones and your rib cage is crushed. Your lungs were almost punctured by your broken ribs." Spencer explained as he wiped away my tears.

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I need to explain a lot. You didn't deserve this and it kills me to see you like this. I don't want to overwhelm you either.

"Spencer-" I tried to talk again and Spencer stopped me.

"Mia." Spencer wiped away another tear falling down my cheek. "I'll explain everything okay, I just want you to rest right now."

I shook my head. I tried to push myself up but all I did was hurt myself more. My ribs hurt so bad I wanted to scream.

"Mia, stop. Just relax. You need to lay down and rest."

"I love you." I blurted out.

Spencer just froze and stared at me. I missed him so much. I just wanted to throw myself onto him and hug him.

I started crying even more and I could see tears in Spencer's eyes too.

"You still love me? After everything I've done to you?" Spencer asked.

I nodded my head.

"I still love you too. I never stopped." Spencer said.

I reached out my hand towards Spencer's and he held it tight. He kissed the top of it then kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes and let the tears fall down my face.

"I'm so sorry, Mia. I never wanted to hurt you like this. I never wanted break up with you. I was just scared and I thought it was the right thing to do. I thought we needed to focus on ourselves but really we were just lost without each other. I understand if you're mad at me or you hate me, but I'm not giving up on you, never again."

"I don't... I don't hate you." It was really hard for me to talk. In fact, I couldn't really breathe either.

"Mia, are you okay?" Spencer asked.

I started coughing and I couldn't catch my breath. My ribs hurt so much and my insides were screaming.

Spencer hit the button on the side of the bed. Five seconds later nurses were flooding the room.

"Spencer-" I tried to get words out through my coughs. "Don't... leave me."

There was nurses all around me putting stuff over my face and hooking me up to more machines.

I didn't know what was happening and I was really scared. I wanted Spencer to stay beside me but he got pushed out of the way by the nurses.

I was about to call Spencer's name again but I started coughing again and I started to lose consciousness.

My breathing started to slow down and I couldn't keep my eyes open.

My eyes shut and I fell into darkness.

~~~~~

"Spencer? Spencer where are you?"

"I'm here. I'm right here. I promise, I'll never leave you again."

"I love you, Spencer."

"I love you too, Mia. It's time to wake up now."

"Wake up?"

"You have to wake up. If you don't, you're going to die."

"I can't... I can't wake up."

"Yes you can. I need you. If you don't wake up I'll never see you again. Don't give up on me. Please. Please, Mia. Wake up... WAKE UP!"

...