The Reason

I rolled over and yawned, opening my eyes to see Dalton still asleep. Memories of last night flooded my mind. Was that a dream? It was a stupid question to ask myself. I already knew the answer. I got up and headed for the shower. When I came back, Dalton was just waking up.

"Lazyass," I said and threw a stuffed animal at him.

"Shut up! I havent slept that long and hard in a few days." He defended. "What time is it anyway?"

"Almost 12:30." I replied.

"Shit. Practice was suppose to start at noon."

I checked my phone, "Brady hasnt called or texted, do you have anything from him?"

"Nope, nada."

"Then chances are he isnt ready either."

Dalton got up and disappeared to the bathroom. I was finishing up getting ready when he re entered hanging up the phone. "That was Brady. You almost ready?"

"Yupp give me 5. Do you want something to eat?" I asked.

"We'll pick something up. Plus, I want Starbucks again."

"Ha, of course. Alright well lets go then."

This time we bought coffee for all the boys. Today was the last practice day they had. We were leaving tomorrow for the show in Chicago. It had been a few weeks since I last saw them play so I was pretty stoked for this trip. I took my seat on the couch and watched them perform.

 A few hours later

"Dude come on, Im starving. We've got this down," Brady whined.

"Yeah man, we're killing it. Its time for a break," Clayton tried to reason.

"One more time. Thats it." Dalton stated. He was some what of a perfectionist. 

"You said that 30 minutes ago!" It was Drews turn to complain.

Dalton turned back to face me (the faux audience) and counted the guys in. They all groaned but played their parts on cue. Everyone knew better than to argue with Dalton when he got like this.

To be fair though, they could all be just as bad when they wanted to. Like Brady, with his Youtube show, My Life In Color. I dont know how many times I sat there with him while he edited and re edited. Taking things out, adding in things, re adding parts he took out just to cut the entire scene in half. Or Drew with his drum covers. Doing the intro a billion different times because he didnt like the way his walk was or something like that. Dont even get me started with Clayton and his car. Doing test runs over and over to make sure after he installed something new, it sounded okay and ran better than before. 

The song ended and Dalton nodded his head in approval. "Awesome practice. We're definitely gonna be ready for tomorrow."

The guys all groaned and fell to the floor dramatically. I laughed at their patheticness, "Get up, pizza should be here any minute," I told them. "I ordered it a while ago knowing by the time you guys were done it'd probably be here."

Almost like on cue, the doorbell rang and the boys raced to the door. Well everyone except Dalton. He turned to look at me, "You were hard on them today." 

"I know but we had to be perfect." He just shrugged it off.

I felt like something was up but I didnt wanna push it plus I was starving too. The boys were all shoving pizza down their throats when we walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a plate, unlike them, and got some pizza.