Chapter 28

“Come on I bet I can beat you to your house.” says Malia when she jumped off the porch,

“I said jogging not running or racing.” counters Stiles,

“Sure you did.”

Malia takes off and can hear Stiles’s fading laugh. He always loves it when she does something like that. It keeps them both sharp. Stiles starts chasing after letting her get the head start. They were running down the same path as before and then he remembers why they had stopped.

“Malia look out.” he shouted hoping she’d hear,

He didn’t hear her stop or shout back. Instead he heard her scream/howl in pain. He ran faster and found her bent down on the floor her left foot in a bears trap. Her hands were trying to pull the trap open but she couldn’t. She was panting hard and growling lightly.

“I told you to…” Stiles was saying but was cut off,

“Now is not the time.” she shouts,

“Alright just breathe okay.”

Stiles carefully moves Malia’s hands away from the metal jaws. He tightly grips the metal and slowly starts pulling it apart. Once the spikes are out of Malia’s leg she falls back. He lets the trap close again and moves it off to the side. Malia was holding her leg and blood covered her hands. He carefully moves one of hers hands away from her wound to look at it himself. 

“It doesn’t look that bad.” he says,

“Yea but it hurts like hell.” she says,

“It’ll heal.”

“But it hurts so bad Stiles.” she says nearly sobbing,

He could see the pained face she had but he couldn’t do much. Or could he. Stiles took Malia’s hand and held it tightly. He didn’t really know if he could take her pain but now was a better time than any to try. Malia was focusing on her wound that she didn’t know the black lines connecting her hand to Stiles’s. But then she noticed how her pain started to subside and looked to Stiles.

Scott had told her that when they take pain from another they feel that pain themselves. Stiles was taking her pain now but he didn’t seem to feel any pain. His eyes were closed and his mouth was partially open. He looked happy the same way she had looked when she tried chocolate.

A/N - Okay I decided to finish it, update everyday and I might leave the story in a cliff hanger I don't know muhaha >:). Should I start another book? Teen wolf or something else please comment. :) thank you do much for 5.11k already wow