3| Scandal

Soundtrack: Piano Sonata No.14, C sharp Minor, Op.27 No.2 - "Moonlight" 3.presto by Beethoven and Variations on a Rococo Theme op.33 VI. Andante by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Hoseok was a man of honor. He cared about the environment, always voted, and never had to deal with the justice system except for a few traffic tickets.

And also that one time in college when he got arrested for swimming naked in a fountain at 3am but that's another story.

So, when Yoongi got arrested, he had absolutely no idea of what he had to do to get him out of this dreadful situation.

There was that one crisis management law firm in Paris, Robert & Associates, which was famous for being hired by the rich, uninterested high society to get rid of the traces of their immoral behaviors and trashy family secrets.

Without thinking too much of it, Hoseok called them as soon as he received Yoongi's only phone call from jail.

What the manager didn't know was that this firm never took any cases lightly, and that as a consequence, he would be playing a substantial role in a story worthy of a TV show.

Kim Seokjin, Yoongi's lawyer, a handsome, brutally honest, brilliant man, always looked in control of the situation. He didn't even budge when he heard Yoongi had left the country.

"That complicates things a bit, because the court will take this as an insult and they might want to lengthen his sentence," he said to Hoseok on the phone, almost like if he was thinking out loud.

"Does anybody else knows that he's gone?" the lawyer asked.

"No," answered Hoseok, "but I – I don't know if..."

"Perfect!" cut Seokjin, "Don't talk to anybody, don't answer your phone, don't go out."

The manager wanted to reply but the lawyer had already hung up, leaving the man at the other end of the line utterly confused. However, he didn't know anything about trials, so he decided to follow Seokjin's advice and stayed confined in his apartment for the time being, having food delivered to his place to avoid going out even for groceries.

Two days later, Seokjin called again.

"I talked with my colleagues," he started without any introduction, "A medical file to the name of Min Yoongi was opened yesterday in the Lafayette Rehabilitation Center as well as a psychological evaluation."

"What? Yoongi is in rehab?" asked Hoseok, hopeful.

The manager thought that maybe the pianist had finally come back to his senses and was back in Paris. However, the part about the rehabilitation center made him doubt it was true.

Yoongi sniffing cocaine in a restaurant's bathroom was absolutely out of the ordinary. The man wasn't addicted to any substances to Hoseok's knowledge, except for caffeine. So why would his friend go to rehab when he didn't need it at all?

The silence at the other end of the line confirmed his doubts.

"He's not really in rehab, is he?"

"No he isn't, but that's what the court will think."

The manager stayed very silent, absorbing what the lawyer had just suggested. Did he recommend lying in court and say that Yoongi was in a place where he wasn't? Hoseok didn't know a lot about the justice system but was pretty sure misleading a judge was one of the worst affronts ever... but Seokjin was a lawyer, wasn't he bound by the law to say the truth during a trial?

A lot of questions twirled in Hoseok's head, and at this point he started to finally understand he had signed up without knowing it for something more than just a simple legal aid.