Chapter 11

"Haz? What are you doing here? Where's Talia?" I ask him confused.

"Talia had to go home to do homework. You said I could stay as long as I like and I knew that your chat with Tom would end in an argument." He says, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Well you were right." I say and sniff.

"You okay?" He asks walking closer to me.

"No." I say and let out a breath. "I'm so angry! I don't know why! I mean he's the one that should be upset right? It's his dog! But I feel like I can't trust him and I don't know what to do!" I shout as I start pacing up and down the room.

"You're perfectly right to be angry. I would be." He said as he tried to calm me down.

"You would? It's not just me?" I ask and stop pacing.

"Yes." He says and lets out a laugh with his breath. "It's normal to have trust issues." He says and walks closer to me.

"Even when you've known each other your whole life?" I ask as I walk closer to him.

"Even when you've known each other your whole life." He says. Now we're standing right opposite each other our faces only a few centimetres away. We stay like that for about ten seconds.

"Harrison do you trust me?" I ask randomly.

"What?" He laughs at my random question.

"Do you trust me?" I ask still not moving from our close position.

"Of course I do." He says and smiles. "Wanna watch a movie?" He says after a few seconds, breaking the atmosphere.

"Yeah." I say and gulp. We move away from each other and go and sit down on the couch. Harrison puts Star Wars on because it's his favourite movie. About thirty minutes in I find myself leaning on his shoulder. "Sorry I must have fallen asleep." I say as I lift my head up and laugh.

"I liked it. You kept me warm." He smiled. We lock eyes for a second or two. I look down to his lips then quickly back up at his green eyes. Their staring into mine. Softly staring.

"I've never noticed how green you're eyes are." I smile.

"I never noticed how big your smile is." He says and smiles back at me.

"Same with yours." I whisper. We both lean in. Then I do it. I just kiss him. I grab his face and he kisses me back. I pull away, our lips just barely touching. "We shouldn't do this." I whisper.

"We definitely shouldn't do this." He whispers back. Disobeying our thoughts we keep kissing. He grabs my waist and I play with his hair. Soon enough he picks me up and I wrap my legs round his waist. He carries me into my room and... well you know what happens next.