Chapter 13

Tom and Talia desperately want to do a double date today. Of course I said yes and so did Harrison but I'm scared. I mean will it be awkward? Will they find out? I guess me and Harrison just have to look like everything's normal. It shouldn't be that hard right?

I put my hair up in a messy bun, do a half face of makeup and cover up my hickey that's still there. Then I chuck on some denim shorts and a pink crop top. Tom's picking me up and then we're going to meet Harrison and Talia at the park. Apparently we're having a picnic.

From Tom:
Waiting outside xxxxxx
Sent: 12:30

I grab my handbag and a basket that I prepared with some sandwiches and crisps in and leave the house. I get into Tom's car.

"Hey babe." He says and smiles at me.

"Hello Tom." I say and smile back at him.

"Being all formal for the picnic are you?" He asks in a jokey way.

"The word hello isn't formal. Thank you very much." I smile and then peck his lips. "Now can you drive? They're gonna be waiting for ages! And I'm hungryyyyy." I say dragging out the word.

"Okay okay, I'm going! Geez." He says and smiles as he starts up the car. Twenty minutes later we arrive at the park where Harrison and Talia are already sitting on top of a hill, eating scotch eggs. I run over to them making Tom run after me even though he's carrying all the food.

"Hey! You started without us!" I shout teasingly.

"Yeah and you two took forty minutes to get here." Talia jokes.

"It's not my fault he was late." I say as I sit down and point over to Tom who is struggling to carry the food up the hill. Me and Harrison share a glance. I don't really know what the glance was. Maybe it was a glance to insure that no one knows out secret.

"Thanks for helping." Tom says out of breath as he sits down dumping all the food on the picnic blanket.

"Sorry. I had to make sure they didn't eat all the scotch eggs." I say trying to make up an excuse.

"Yeah yeah, you don't even like scotch eggs." Tom says and then smiles.

"Yes I do." I say trying to convince them.

"(Y/n) I have never seen you eat a scotch egg in my life." Talia pipes up.

"Thank you." Tom says to Talia, grateful that he has someone on his side.

"Yeah, Sorry Pinkie I'm gonna have to agree. The don't really look like your thing." Haz says agreeing with Talia and Tom. I give them all a look of annoyance.

"Well I'm just gonna have to prove you all wrong then aren't I?" I say mockingly.

"Go one then." Tom says trying not to laugh.

"I dare you." Talia quickly follows. I sit up straight and grab one of the leftover scotch eggs from the packet. I look at all of them, each of them knowing that I'm going to hate it. I take a big bite and spit it back out immediately.

"Okay, I admit it! That's gross." I say with a disgusted look on my face. All of them are laughing at me as I chuck it in the bin. After about two hours Talia has to leave to do her babysitting job.

"Are you sure you can't just cancel for tonight?" I ask her begging her to stay.

"Yes (y/n/n). Their going out and they need a babysitter." She laughs.

"I'm sure they can get someone else." I say jokingly.

"Yeah I wish." She laughs. "I'll see ya later hun." She says as she hugs me tightly. She walks over to Harrison and kisses him goodbye. Then she hugs Tom. "Bye!" She shouts from her car at the bottom of the hill.