Chapter 3

Evil. Evil. Evil. The word taunts me in my head, bouncing back and forth. The two girls who didn't laugh put their heads down almost sorry. And Paxton, the kid stands up a grabs me by the hand to be taken out of the meeting.

"Paxton. You didn't tell her!" Tim yells smiling. I find that humor sick and turn to him, pushing Paxton aside. I run to the front of the room, and punch Tim in the face. He smiles roughly and Paxton comes and grabs my hand. It sends a jolt through me, but I just stare at him.

"What the heck are you thinking, kid!" He yells when we arrive at the base. "Tim is gonna get you, for sure!" His eyes are bright and angry.

"You don't get it," I whisper.

"Actually, I do!" He says staring at me. I just shake my head. "Meet me room 53 tonight at eleven, remember. We'll talk then ok." This time I really do nod, but I stare at him. The computer beeps and Paxton walks to it, pulling my eyes away from him. He sits in a chair and swivels to face a computer, I walk up next to him. It's my family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tears. It's the first thing that comes. I see them yelling and screaming in the forest. Trying to find me.

"Hey. Here's your family. I told you I would show them to you." He smiles slyly. I just stare. Then I cry. And stare again.

"Your evil." I say sadness overwhelming me. "Evil." I walk away, then briskly run up the stairs on the left to my room. I stare at the clock 8:57 pm. I don't know if I'll go to the meeting, but something tells me I should. The smell of new wood and evil fill the air. I don't know how evil smells, but it's horrid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11:00 I get up from my bed. My face still hot and wet from tears. I walk to the hallway and stare at the room numbers. All tens and twenties numbers. I walk to the end and down a stairwell. All thirties and forties. I shake my head and listen. I bet this is where most people sleep because I hear snores. I walk down another stairwell leading to all fifty numbers. I walk a bit to room 53. I take a deep breath of the evil air and walk in. I stare startled. Paxton and the two other girls are there.

"Welcome." Paxton says.