Chapter 18- "I Am A Loser"

Michael's POV

I splashed some sink water over my face and placed my hand at each side of the basin. I clenched my teeth together and my tightened my grab around the basin.

"It's sleeping drugs...", I stuttered, guiltily.
"Drugs? Michael! Really? Did you take them a few hours back?" Her eyes were icy gray now. Large and filled with tears.

I felt submerged with guilt.

"Yes..."
"When Michael? When!"
"After the call... I took some in the bathroom, after that, I saw you and Lisa talking"

She stated me in disbelief. That expression broke my pride down.

"Really? You say that I should be grateful that you helped me...when I almost became a prostitute. For Pete's sake! You were high, you 're high now. When you came to get me at the hospital, were you high then too?"

"Why would I have been?"

"I know you by now. You are the kindest and most charitable person that I know. The way you spoke to me in the care, at the restaurant...now... you are not like that"

"The truth is that I did take it when I came to get you. At the hospital. After I take it, I am well...and happy. When it wears off, I get frustrated and cranky. This is how it works : I am happy, I take it to exhaust my body, I get cranky when it wears off, I return to being happy and then I take it again"

"W..why?"

"So that by night, I exhausted"

She opened the door and stepped out.
"You're sick! Call me when you've decided which is more important"