Chapter 14- "Behind The Mask"

Chicago's POV

I turned the faucet and luke warm water came streaming from the shower head.
I stepped into the shower. It was the most amazing feeling thus far. It stung my 3 cm and 6 cm stitches that was decorated upon my left side of my forehead...

I did this to myself. I had hurt almost everyone. My parents, friends and, most importantly, Michael.

But the main thing is that they do not know that I attempted suicide, only Zayn and Harry know.

After I showered, I wrapped the towel around me and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked, sort of, fine. There were still slight bags under my eyes but that was nothing compared to the scratches, stitches and bruises on my face.

I realized that this is a new start for me. I took my phone and took a "selfie". I really did not care about how I looked. I knew that once I came far in life, I could go back to this picture and see how much I have accomplished.

I just don't get how I hoped to die to make life easier but now, with me alive, it seems to be worst. I took the make up bag from my bag.

Concealer! I took it from my bag and smutched it on my face. I contoured my face and added some natural shades. I laid natural shades on my face. Some mascara.

I dressed up in a crop top with 36 on the front the and a pair of jeans. I styled my hair over the left side of my face to hide the stitches. I added a woolen cap and converse shoes.

So you're probably thinking that wearing a crop top is so wrong, especially since that the media asked if I am a hooker.

Truth is, I really am on the fence.
I care about what they say and I don't.

And it's really not like I packed these clothes for myself. Angel did this.

After I got ready, I was about to twist that handle of the door to exit, when something just hit me.

Michael was engaged. He said so himself on tv during that speech of his. But he lied to me and said that he's not....

That is why I did not bother giving much attention to him when he came to see me today. He didn't even come to see me yesterday...

But...why should I care?
It's not like I like him....
Like I said in the beginning : He is my source of income.

I opened the door confidently and stepped out. He quickly got to his feet and pulled his, a bit, crinkled shirt, together.

His eyes grew larger...
"You look amazing", he said as he made in way to me.

"Thanks, so where are we going? I do not need the paparazzi following", I said to him vainly, trying to show that I was not interested in all the fluffy things that he would say. But I did care...

"Err, mm *clears throat* I asked my security, Bill, to take us to Top Ariona Restaurant. Most celebs go there and their not really snottish as the press. They know what I go through", he said while opening the door of the ward for me.

As I sauntered out to the corridor, I arrogantly said, "That's good for you. Where's the car".

He sensed some hostility. He stuttered as he told me the directions to the car.

"Thanks", I took a head start. As I took my sunglasses from my bag, I uttered, "Now this is what Marcus Brutus and Cauis Cassius should find ambitious.

Michael's beautiful voice asked from behind me, "Should who find?".

Once we made it to the car, Michael ran up to the door and opened it for me. I gave a slight smile and got in. I turned the position of my body away from him and stared out of my window. I always own windows okay!

"So what do you feel like getting? ", he broke the dead silence.

"I really can't decide if I don't have a clue of where we're going. I've never been at that place before", I kept staring out of the window.

"Mm, point taken. You really look great", he said and I felt him scan my body. I gave a slight look at him and our eyes met. I looked out the window quickly.

"Thanks for the kindness", I looked over to the driver, Bill, who stared at me and Michael through the rear mirror.

"You know about being my perso-"

My phone buzzed, leaving the rest of Michael's words out. It was a text message.

Text:
Mom: Barbie, when can I come and get you?  I am seeing you everywhere on tv.
Me: You can't. I am with Michael. I think I'll be working with him soon...Love you mom.

I put my phone in my bag.
"You were saying?", I asked looking at him. His facial expression was in disbelief.

"It does not really matter anymore", he seemed pissed off.

We made it to the restaurant. Luckily, people were not following us.

He opened the door for me. We made it into the restaurant.

As we walked to our table he whispered to me, "I am so sorry that I waste your time. I seems like I do. Clearly, you do not need me".

I stared at him with nothing to say...

I finally said, "What?"

We settled onto our seats.

"You sit behind the mask and control your world. You sit around and I watch your face. I try to find the truth but it's your hiding place. Each time I try to talk to you, you push me away.

And, like a two edged sword, it cuts you and it stabs me. Take off your mask and tell me, do you see me with you in your life. Because I see you in mine", he was serious.

His voice was deeper as he muttered in a low tone for other people to not hear.

I just thought that we should not argue in public...

What have I done now?