Chapter 13- "What More Can I Give? "

*Three days after the accident-9th August
*At the hospital
*4 days since they've met

Michael's POV

I made my way to Chicago's ward. It's around 10:00. When I entered the room, she was wide awake. She held the tv remote in her hand and slipped through the channels. She looked over to the door and glanced at me for a split second and back at the tv screen and left on a channel. Why isn't she happy to see me?

A lady reported:

"It has been witnessed at how Michael Joseph Jackson enters the hospital where Chicago and Harry lay. He carried with him roses, teddies and get well balloons. Is this not just sweet?"

"Morning", I greeted and placed the teddies that I held in my hand on the counter where all the other things are that I bought for her. "Hey", she greeted.

I handed the roses to her and she sat up on her bed and took it from me. "Thank you", she thanked.

"Sorry that I couldn't come yesterday", I apologized. " I had an appointment", I said to her.

She clenched her jaw and said, "It's cool", she brushed hair away from her face with her slender fingers.

"It's chilled", she said looking down at her hand. I placed my hand on hers and caressed it softly and gently.

She stared at our hands awkwardly and I stopped it immediately and pulled my hand back. She stretched out and took my hand again. It wasn't the caressing that she found weird. It was the light milky spots that she found weird.

She rubbed it with her thumb, after seeing it wouldn't come off, she looked up to me.

"What's this?", she looked concerned.

"I...I...l havvvee", I just could not let it out. What was happening to my skin was embarrassing and I could do nothing to stop it. I have told no-one about it. The appointments that I go to is to treat it.

The only people who know about it is Debbie Rowe and my dermatologist.

"It's nothing", I lied.

"You're sure?", she didn't seem too convinced.

"Yeah, I asked the doctors whether it would be okay for me to take you out to lunch. He said it was fine. But now I need to ask you whether that's okay. Would you like to go to lunch with me?", I asked, hoping that she'd say yes.

Pinches of a smile crept onto her beautiful mouth. "Sure, why not?", she said.

"But I don't have any clothes right now"

"That's fine", I said to her.

"I went to your apartment and Angelica gave me some clothes for you", I calmed her.

"You went to the apartment?", she whined.

"Just give me the clothes before I decide to punch you"

We both shared some laughter.

I handed her the backpack with the clothes. She took them and went to the bathroom. Seconds later, I heard the shower switch on.

Can't I go and have a peek?