Chapter 12- "Why?"

*7th August

Chicago's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and found that I had still laid in the same fetus position that I fell asleep in. My upper eyelids felt heavy and painful. I know this feeling from when I spend long hours on a tragic and saddening hobby of crying. I slowly turned around and saw someone that I missed for almost a day now.

It was Angelica.

"Hallo, Chicago", a smile beamed across her face. Now there's that Latino accent that I missed.

"Hey...", I sounded like a dying cat. My voice sounded really faded. She came in for a hug, making sure to not hurt my head any further.

She looked different. She was dressed from head to toe. A lot of skin rarely showed. And, come on, this is a totally different Angelica.

"How are you feeling?", she looked concerned.

"Okay", my dying cat voice.

"Water...", I asked for this liquid to get rid of my "The Grudge" voice.

She handed me a glass of water. I drank up.

"Chicago, what happ-", she was cut of by the nurse coming into the the room. I'm pretty she wanted to ask me about what happened.

"Hi", the nurse greeted. Today, I read her name from a badge on her pullover.
Bella.

"Morning", I greeted. My voice sounded better.

"You really slept in today", she informed me as she laid a platter with soup, an apple, litchi juice and yogurt on the counter. "It's 16:30. Your friend over here", she referred to Angel, "was here since 8:00"

"Yeah girl! You take da whole day to wake up", Angel joked.

I faked a laugh.

"So, why didn't you guys wake me up. I mean, I missed breakfast and lunch. That can not be healthy", I said.

"Yeah, but you seemed really tired", Bella said. I smiled.

No-one has said anything about Michael at all. I obviously need to speak to him. But no-one is saying anything whatsoever.
Has he come for the day?

"Angel, pass my phone please", she brought my phone from our apartment. I had left it there for the Streetwalker night.

l unlocked it and saw 67 missed calls from my mom and 56 from my dad.

"My parents phoned many times-", I wanted to keep on talking when Angel said," I spoke to them for you".

Bella brought the tray to me and said, "Eat up".

I ate a bit of the soup and placed the other goods on my counter for later.

Angel switched the tv on.

"It's seems like the supposed friend and PA of, King Of Pop- Michael Jackson, is still under close surveillance from doctors and nurses. The 25 year old female who is named Chicago slipped while site viewing alongside Harry Styles and Zayn Malik. Harry Styles slipped too. Chicago and Harry remain in hospital until further notice"

I switched another channel, hoping to find something else. This is what I got :

"Young 25 year old female, Chicago Adams is an employee of international sensation, Michael Jackson. The young lady still lays in hospital and there has been no sign of Michael Jackson for the entire day today. Visiting hours end at 18:00 and it is highly anticipated that he'll not come to see her"

I switched the tv off and looked at the time, it was 17:50 which meant that Angel would have to go in 10 minutes.

Then this is when it felt like my life stood still and it just didn't make sense.

"Did Michael come to today? To see me?", I questioned them.

An expression of guilt had flowed over Angel's and Bella's face.

"No...no...dear. He had to go to a meeting...", Angel answered me.

I didn't say anything anymore.

I turned to my side again and pulled the sheets over my head.

Angel farewelled to me, rubbed my back and left. She promised to come see me tomorrow.

Bella left with her to get more blankets.

I whispered: Oh why...why hasn't Michael come to see me? Tell me why.