falling

you once dated a guy, he broke your heart. and ever since him you were terrified of falling in love.

you and your bestfriend, bellamy, were skipping rocks at a lake.

-"are you sure you want to be out here? you have a whole camp to run." you threw a rock against the water.

-"the camp can wait, besides," he skid a rock against the water, "i haven't been around my favourite person in a while."

you laughed.

-"we were hanging out two days ago." you threw another rock.

-"that's was so long ago." he joked, exaggerating the word 'so'.

the silence between the friends wasn't awkward, it was a comfortable silence.

-"what are you scared of?" bellamy asked out of the blue.

-"falling."

-"falling? like falling off of something?" he asked.

-"no, like falling in love." you threw the rock you fiddled with.

bellamy's eyes landed on you as you focused harshly on the rocks.

-"what are you scared of?" you looked over to the freckled boy.

-"spiders."

you laughed.

-"hey, it's not funny!" he smiled.

you stepped onto the flat surface, he followed.

-"i'm scared of losing the ones i love and care about." his eyes searched her features.

-"what's so scary about falling in love? it's supposed to be the happiest thing in your life." he stated.

-"love is scary. this feeling of falling terrifies me. the only way it ends is with hitting the ground." you answered.

-"not if i catch you."

-"you can't catch me if you're falling with me." your voice cracked a little as you bowed your head in shame.

-"princess, i started falling long before you did." he responded, using his index finger to lift your chin up.

his eyes dropped from your eyes to your lips.

he slowly inched forward, gently kissing you.

you kissed back, feeling fireworks explode inside you.

your hands cupped his face as you continued with much more passion.

bellamy pulled away.

-"(y/n), you mean so much to me, and i promise i will never hurt you. ever." the sincerity in his eyes convinced you to believe him.

-"i love you." you blurred out.

-"i have loved you for so long, and i will continue loving you." he cupped your face and kissed you once more with all the love and affection he had in him.

this was a little short, but there was a dialogue prompt that i was inspired by and i found very cute :)