Chapter 2

______________________________________________________

"Eomma! Can I come with you to the garden?"

"Of course, my son. I'll always need help with the weeds."

....crunch..crunch..crunch..crunch....

"Waah! Eomma, your flowers are so pretty!"

"Haha...thank you, son. A lot of work was put into these."

"Work?"

"Yes. I've come out here every morning and every evening to take care of these. See! Effort can make something beautiful!"

...

"Eomma, what kinds of flowers are these ones?"

"The purple ones? Those are my favorite. They're called anemone. Beautiful, huh?"

"Yeah..."

...

"Hey, son."

"Ne, eomma?"

"If the time comes that I...have to leave, will you make sure that these flowers come with me?"

...

"Okay, eomma!"

______________________________________________________

"HEY! WAKE ME UP! SAY NOTHING'S ENOUGH! I'M DYING TO LIVE! SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE!" I sing, not really caring about how similar I sound to a dying goat. I finally finished unpacking and was relaxing by screaming my lungs out.

Right as I finish rocking out to All Time Low, a call stops the next song from playing. I groan and walk to the speaker to answer it. It's my brother.

"Yah! Relationship Virgin! Where are you?" He asks angrily.

Oh, crap! I totally forgot.

I pout and resist the urge to kick the ground. "I thought I said to stop calling me that!"

"I will once you get a boyfriend I like. Or a girlfriend. I don't judge!" He chuckles through the phone.

"Oppa!" I cry, heat rushing to my face.

He laughs. "Hurry and get out here. Or I'll leave without you."

"I'm on my way!" I sing into the phone and end the call.

I look around my room with wide eyes. "I have to hurry!"

I quickly brush my teeth, comb out my hair and put on deodorant. I throw a random hoodie I had put in the closet. I run to my drawer and pull on a random pair of skinny jeans and leave on my black socks.

I grab my phone and run out of my room. I pick up my keys from the kitchen counter and put them in my pocket with my phone. I run to the door, pick up my shoes, and bolt out of there.

I forgot that the floors were made out of linoleum as I try to sprint out of the building. My body goes stiff, trying to catch my balance as I slide on my socks. I don't stop until I slide into the person in front of me, sending my shoes out of my hands. I let out a cry as pain runs through my ankle. We both fall onto the ground.