Chapter 14

____________________________________________________________________________

"Look, let me give you some advice."

"Hoseok, I was asking you what I should get my girlfriend. Not for advice."

"But you're going to get it. You don't have to shower her in gifts all the time. Those kinds of things are materialistic. You should give your girlfriend time. Spend time with her and things will go smoothly."

"Should I get the necklace or the bracelet?"

"Were you listening?"

"Hurry! I have to buy it then go to the restaurant."

"I'll take that as a no. Just get the stupid necklace."

...

Maybe things should be different this time...

____________________________________________________________________________

"Oppa, I don't know. These clothes...they don't really...look right, " I tell Hoseok, looking down at the outfit he picked out for me.

"You look adorable!"

I look down at the pink skirt overalls that I'm wearing over a white long-sleeve.

"I know it just seems...too cute. I don't have any pink in my closet."

"Which is exactly why you should get some. Maybe if you start dressing cuter, you'll actually get a boyfriend."

I frown at him. "I don't have a boyfriend because of you."

He turns me around to face the mirror. "We don't talk about that. Look, if we style your hair super pretty, maybe put on a little bit of make-up, I would have to fight lines of guys to protect you."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Then how would I get a boyfriend if you're fighting them all?"

"Whichever one wins would be worthy of your choice, " Hoseok says with a shrug.

I sigh and shake my head. His logic makes no sense.

But he's right. I'm not going to be putting on any makeup but if I did style my hair right, I would look really good.

I wonder if Yoongi would like it...

"Alright! Take it off. We're getting it!" Hoseok declares.

"Okay, but this is the last one. I swear, I've tried on over fifty outfits and I am starving. Besides, at this rate, I'm going to become poor!" I argue.

He opens his mouth to object but he stops before he speaks. He nods once. "Fine. Only because I'm hungry too. I'll go get the salesperson."

We get the outfits bagged up, leaving us to carry around four bags filled to the brim with clothes. I swear Hoseok will be the death of me.

We stop at one of the cafes in the mall. We both order teas to go with Hoseok's burger and my sandwich. We have a casual conversation before I start talking about things that set him off. It started like this.

"So, yesterday you said the maknaes didn't come for...reasons. Do you know what reasons?"

Hoseok looks up from his burger. A little bit of ketchup in the corner of his lips distracts me as he talks.