Chapter 5

______________________________________________________

"Hyung! Yoongi-hyung!"

"I-I'm sorry, I zoned out. What's the matter Jungkookie?"

"...Nevermind. Maybe it's not that-"

"No, tell me. I'm listening."

"...Alright. Remember that girl the guys won't stop teasing me about."

"Heh...yeah. What about her?"

"Well, she's going through a really tough time and I have no idea how to make her feel better. What should I do?"

"You really like her?"

"Of course! I only see her..."

"Do you know her hobbies? Dreams, what she likes?"

"Hmm...well she never stops talking about Kyoto. Do you think I should take her there?"

"If it makes her happy."

"Ah...thanks, hyung!"

But he'll have to get a lot of money to get the tickets. I don't think he'll be able to do it on his own. Maybe I should talk to the guys...

______________________________________________________

"You don't understand. I'm so clumsy, I'm going to mess up just like I did during the interview."

"Stop worrying, sis. They obviously saw something in you if they hired you after that."

I pout from the passenger seat as Hoseok pulls up to the entrance. "I'm so nervous, I think my heart is going to fall out of my chest."

He looks over at me with a big grin. "You'll be okay, Y/N. Just go in with a smile. They saw something in you. Take pride in that."

A surge of confidence fills me. I quickly pull him into a hug. The best I can since we're both sitting in a car.

"Have I ever told you how lucky I am to have a brother like you?"

He pats my back with a little laugh. "You're not getting sentimental on me, are you?"

I give him one last squeeze before picking up the bag next to my feet. Hoseok's forcing me to take it. I exit the car.

"Wish me luck!" I say while starting to walk away.

"Hwaiting!" I hear him yell through the closed door.

Right, I can do this.

...

I can't do this.

"Any questions?"

Where do I begin? Um...how about: can you start over?

"Good. Then let's tell you guys where you'll be assigned."

Wait, no. I still have questions.

The lady (I forgot her name) starts to tell the other newbies where to go before I have a chance to ask any questions.

I let out a sigh. I guess I'll have to live and learn.

While we walk down the hall, the lady tells certain groups to either go to another room or to follow another employee. By the time she's done, there's only another girl and me following her. We both give each other a confused look.