Chapter 7

______________________________________________________

"Look who it is! It's Min Yoongi!"

"Isn't he that weird guy that's always alone?"

"Yeah, but don't get too close to him! Haven't you heard about his family?"

"No. What about it?"

"I heard that his mother and father slept around with a lot of people. He might even be a bastard child. But at least his mother's paying for it, you know. I heard she gets beat by one of her boyfriends at least once a week."

Why can't these people just leave me alone? It's none of their business.

"Should we talk to him?"

"Ew! No! Why would you want to do that?"

"...Ha Ha! To make fun of him! What other reason?"

"Make fun of him? That sounds like a good idea! Wait here. I know some other people who've wanted to talk to him for a while."

I better leave before this becomes a bigger thing. Look like I'll have to hide in the supply closet again.

______________________________________________________

"We've been expecting you."

How did six people get into my apartment? Where the heck did I put my umbrella??

"Do you know how long we've been waiting, Jung Y/N?"

He knows my name? How does he know my name?? I swear I put the umbrella right here like I always do!

"Is this really how you treat your only brother?"

Hah! I found it!

Wait...brother?

As if on cue, I hear a click and the lamp in the corner of the living room goes to the highest setting. I close my eyes due to the sudden light. I open them just in time to see the six chairs spin slowly in sync. I drop the umbrella as I recognize each of them.

The six idiots all sit there, their legs crossed, wearing straight faces. That is until Taehyung's composure cracks and he falls off his chair laughing.

"Dammit, Taehyung!" Hoseok yells with a smile. "We practiced this over fifty times!"

"I couldn't help it, hyung!" Taehyung says with a deep breath. "Her reaction was priceless!"

I cross my arms, my umbrella still in hand. "Are you serious? What's going on?"

Namjoon starts uncrossing his legs. "We're-"

Hoseok cuts him off. "No. We can still keep the mystique concept."

I tilt my head more. "Mystique?"

"Wait a minute," Jungkook cuts in. "Were you going to attack us with the umbrella?"

I look down at the umbrella and feel my face get hot. I try to hide it behind my leg.

"Aww!" Jungkook coos. "How cute!"

I feel my face get hotter.

"Yah, leave her alone," Jimin tells him.

"Y/N," Hoseok starts in a tone I know way too well. I look up at the ceiling, wishing I could remove my eardrums. "If the umbrella is your only weapon, I fear for your safety."