Chapter 9

____________________________________________________________________________

"You hear me? Stop coming around here! In fact, stop coming to this school."

His kicks hurt but I'm not going to yell. That would be letting him win...

"Yah! Stop hurting him!"

Someone...someone tackled him?

"What gives you the right to hurt someone like that?"

"He...he...you know who he is, don't you? He's the bastard child."

"And how do you know?"

"I...well, that's what everyone says."

"So, you don't even know if it's true?"

"It's what everyone says so it has to be true."

"...You're an idiot. Get out of here before I give you a taste of your own medicine!"

"Oh yeah? And how are you going to do that? You look almost as wimpy as him."

"I'm great friends with the captain of the taekwondo team. I can hold you off in the five minutes it would take him to get here."

"No. Not Jeon Jungkook."

"So? Start running!"

He's running. He's actually running away.

"God, other teenagers act as if they were still in preschool. Are you okay?"

Do I trust him? Or is this another trick? I'll just nod.

"Hm...I don't think you are. It looks like he hurt you pretty bad. I should take you to the infirmary."

"No! Don't!"

Great. Now he's looking at me weird.

"Okay, fine. No infirmary. But you do need help. My friend's mom is a doctor. We can take you to her. She's really nice and she'll keep a secret."

Is he really trying to help me?

"Here, take my hand. I'll help you up."

"Why?"

"Um...I don't think you can stand on your own."

"No. I mean why are you helping me. Haven't you heard the rumors? They're true, you know."

"...That doesn't matter. They're all about your mother. There's nothing you can change about that. Just let me help you."

He's helping me up? Ow! It hurts a lot more than I thought it would. But why is he helping me?

"I'm Jung Hoseok. And you are?"

"Don't you know?"

"No, I don't."

"Tch...I'm Min Yoongi."