Chapter 15

____________________________________________________________________________

"Min Yoongi...we should talk."

"What is it, babe?"

"I thought I told you to stop calling me pet names?"

"Sorry. I thought couples did that a lot."

"It's not- ugh! Never mind. That's not what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Oh? Then what's the matter?"

"I don't think...we really fit."

"...What do you mean?"

"I mean...you want to do things couples usually do when I just want to do what we do. You talk a lot about the future when I just want to live in the present. We're too different?"

Is she doing what I think she is?

"But isn't different good?"

"Well, sometimes. But with you, it's too different. You're never straightforward. If you want to give me something, you should just give it to me rather than trying to play games like a kid."

Like a kid? I thought she would have fun with that scavenger hunt. I spent a lot of time on that...

"Yoongi, I'm trying to end this. I don't want to be with you no more."

Not even when I tried so hard to keep this together? Despite the past that tries to eat me whole.

"Hello? Min Yoongi? Can you hear me?"

Even though I put a lot of time and effort into choosing the right gift for her, she still doesn't want to stay with me?

"See, look! You're too mysterious!"

Now's not the time to get angry. If she wants to break up then I should just go.

"...Goodbye then."

"What? Min Yoongi! Wait!"

You wanted this.

____________________________________________________________________________

I shake the can of sunscreen and apply it to my exposed arms and legs. All four of my limbs feel warm in the summer sun as I stand next to Yoongi's car.

I don't wear shorts often but Hoseok tells me that he's envious of my legs a lot. Maybe Yoongi will think the same?

I look down at my white shirt that hangs off my shoulders and my jean shorts.

Ah! What am I doing? My clothes show too much! I knew I shouldn't have eaten those rice cakes this morning! What was I thinking?

And Yoongi kept on looking at me weird when he first saw me. And when we were driving too. I'm usually good at reading expressions but it's so hard to read his.

Maybe I should just ask him to take me home. Haah, no I shouldn't. I mean, Yoongi's buying the tickets and stuff. It would be too much of a hassle.