8

===
"Why are dinner dates always so awkward?"

          I tried to excuse my big mistake that happened during our fancy and expensive restaurant date. Her hands shuffled around her little hand held purse, probably feeling the dent we made in her wallet. I forgot to mention that I didn't have any money on me when we went out, so she had to pay for everything and tip. I'm an idiot. "I don't know." She grimaced, obviously very mad. Whenever I spoke, her grip on her wristlet grew tighter and tighter. "So, what do you wanna do now, Y/N/N?" She picked you the pace of her walking a bit. "Something that's free." She said, not looking back at me.

          In my head, I felt that I was running out of time to make her love me, and this mess put me back really far. What makes people un-mad at people? Jewelry? Rings? Proposals? What am I thinking. "How about,, we go to a police precinct?" I offered, my mind drawing a blank. "What are we supposed to do there?" She asked. I shrugged, "Get into trouble?" She stopped walking and instead began laughing at me. "That's the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do in a police precinct." I began laughing at myself too. "I can't think of anything, you make me too nervous." I defended lightly with a laugh.

"Well, how about we go back to the dorms and get drunk?" She suggested. "We can't keep any booze in campus rooms and you know that." I justified. "Plus that booze costs money." "Mhm." She hummed. We continued our walk back from dinner a lot less tense than it began. As we were waiting at a crosswalk for the light to change, I had an epiphany. "Y/N/N?" She looked at me, awaiting my proposition. "What if we went back to my dorm, finish that Die Hard movie marathon we tried to do a week or two ago, and we just make out." My arms opened wide as if I was showing off the size of a big fish that I caught fishing like some country boy yeehaw man would do. She quietly considered the option until we began walking across the cross walk.

"Okay, I'm down with that."
===