Chapter 18

AUDREY POV: Tim leads me into the studio room, and directs me to sit down on the office chair in there. He goes through different shelves and drawers, searching for a book. 

"Ah! Here it is!" He says, grabbing a notebook out of the drawer. He smiles. "I know the lyrics, I just had to remember what key." He adds. I nod, not sure what he's about to do. He grabs a guitar out of the corner and begins to strum. "This is called, I Owe You A Dance." He says, before playing the song. 

"I was running late again, picking up a few things and there you were on aisle 13. I felt that old rush, when you saw me you blushed like you did when you were sweet sixteen. They said you looked lost in the hallway, with a lonely look in your eyes. Don't know why I didn't show, to this day I still don't know. For once I wish I hadn't thought twice. Our dreams split up and I moved away, and you were headed out to Tennessee. Heard you got met a guy and you moved back home, Here we are again, you and me.

"It's no surprise the light in your little girl's eyes, shines like the ring on your hand. Audrey, I owe you a dance." He sings. I blush as he stops for a moment. 

"Rough, I know. First song I've ever tried to write." he says. 

"No, it's good!" I reassure him. He smiles at me. "Why haven't you taken up the whole singing thing?" I ask. He shrugs. 

"Because I paid for a law degree." He says, laughing. 

"Well, you'd be pretty damn good in music." I say. He smiles, and hands me the guitar. 

"Sing something." He demands. I shake my head. 

"Better not..." I laugh. He smiles. 

"I haven't heard you sing like this in years. I only got a snippet in the car." He says, making a pouty face. 

"Fine." I say, rolling my eyes. 

"We said we'd walk together, baby come what may. Back from the twilight, should we lose our way, as we were walking a hand should slip free. I'll wait for you. Should I fall behind wait for me..." I sing, shutting my eyes tightly.

"Swore we'd travel together, Darlin' side by side. We'd help each other stay in stride. Each lover steps on so differently So I'll wait for you, should I fall behind wait for me..."

"Everyone dreams of a love lasting and true. You and I know what this world can do. So let's make ourselves be that the other may see. And I'll wait for you. Should I fall behind wait for me..."

"There's a beautiful river in the valley ahead. There 'neath the oak's bough soon we will wed. Should we lose each other, in the shadow of the evening trees. Oh, I'll wait for you. Should I fall behind wait for me. Darlin' I'll wait for you, should I fall behind wait for me..." I finish. Tim claps slowly. 

"You wrote that?" He asks. I nod slowly, and put down the guitar. "That's incredible." He says, sitting back. "Wow..." 

"Thankya." I say pulling my legs up to my chest. He smiles over at me, looking down occasionally to hide it. I love it when he does that... I get up and fumble around with his record player. I feel his smile on my back. I put George Strait on, and the player begins to croon out Marina Del Rey. I shut my eyes and let the music fill my bones. I feel Tim come up behind me and kiss my shoulder. I keep my eyes closed.