Chapter 34

FAITH POV (FIVE YEARS AGO): The boys run around in circles, chasing eachother around the yard. Tim follows in close suit, eyes on the ball Sam is charging down field. Wes stumbles as he tries to catch up. Lily catches the ball from Sam, and runs into the inzone for a touchdown.

"Fourteen to zero!" Sam chants, high-fiving his sister. They do a victory dance, and punt the ball back to the boys.

"They're really into it, aren't they?" Addie says, siting beside me to watch them. I respond with a nod and continue to smile at them. She hands me an iced tea and pivots to face me, looking a little irritated.

"What?" I say, making a face back at her. She shakes her head and looks down at her glass of tea.

"You sure you're okay with Dad going out tonight?" She asks, holding up her hand to block the sun from her eyes. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Yeah, I am sure baby." I laugh confidently. "Your father is a grown man now. Plus, Matt has been sober since high school." I inform her. She shrugs.

"I just don't want them to get any ideas..." She says, looking out at her dad. Her worry makes me nervous.

Matt and Tim have been hanging out lately, now that we are back in Louisiana. I think it's great that the two of them still are friends after all these years. It's much needed relaxation for Tim. He's so stressed out nowadays, and he keeps it pent up so he doesn't overwhelm me. He's been doing a great job.

Weston runs up to me, and begins to pull on my arm.

"Momma, come play! You can be on me and Dad's team!" he cheers. I look out at Tim, to see him standing with the ball in his hand, looking at me with sad eyes. He starts towards us.

"Bud, Mom's a little tired." Tim says, coming over and scooping him up over his shoulder.

"But I want Mom to play..." He says sadly. I look into Tim's eyes and swallow hard. "Mom never plays..." Weston says, piercing me. I look down at my hands and then back up at Weston.

"I'll play inside, okay baby? We can try out those new toys you got for your birthday." I say, rubbing his back. Wes looks at me, then nods slowly.

"I guess..." He says, still not satisfied. Tim puts him down, and begins to run back to where they're playing football.

"Come on, Bud! You're going to miss kick-off!" Tim yells, as Wes goes barreling after him.

"Are you sure you want me to go?" Tim says, throwing on a v-neck and grabbing his wallet. "I could just stay here and watch Netflix all night with you." He suggests, coming behind me and kissing my neck. He wraps his arms around me, and gives me a small squeeze.

"No, you go and have fun." I say, turning towards him. I straighten out the neck of his shirt, and give him a kiss. He smiles a small smile, and grabs my butt, before leaving the room. "Hey!" I yell at him. He walks backward, and winks at me.

"Later." He suggests, using his charming grin against me. I lean against the doorway, and nod slowly.

"Alright." I agree. I watch his face light up as he grabs his keys off the counter. He opens the front door, then stops, as if he were thinking about anything he's forgotten. He turns, and locks eyes with me. I can't peel the smile off my face, so I bite my lip, hoping to hide it. He runs over, and sweeps me off my feet, then gives me a whirlwind kiss.

"I love you so much, baby." He says, kissing me multiple times. I pull away, knowing he has to go.

"I love you too. Have fun." I say, rubbing the back of his neck. He looks behind me, then back down at me.