Chapter 37 (Hours Earlier)

FAITH POV: I slowly stagger out to the sunroom, like every morning, and I watch the sunrise. My hands shake as my steps become harder to take. I feel my heart pound as I stumble into the kitchen, and then back to the bedroom. I lay down in bed, and begin to cry, again. I can't even stay up long enough to say good morning to the kids... I just stumble around. 

I try to get the will to leave the bed once more, but my heart is racing. I need to calm down... Sam comes into my room, just like every morning, and cuddles for a good fifteen minutes. 

"Have a good day at school, baby." I say, my voice sounding wispy, as if it itself has given up the will to live. 

"Love you Mom." He says, giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Love you too baby." I say, giving him a tight squeeze. He gives me a smile, then lightly shuts the door behind him. I hear Tim's voice through the door and shiver. I hear the door open slowly, and see Tim walk in, appearing so small. 

"How you feelin'?" He asks. Tiredness overwhelms me, making me sound more irritated than anything. 

"I'm fine." I say blandly. Please don't think I hate you... 

"Alright..." He says uncomfortably. "You want me to grab you anything?" He asks quietly. 

"I'm alright." I sound like a complete bitch. I wish there was a way to say I'm sorry... 

"Okay... Well, I'm going to Tennessee for work today, so I'll have Mom drop by and check on you, as well as Addie." He says, rubbing his palms together. I nod. 

"Okay." I say, again, sounding like a bitch. He starts toward the door. "I love you..." I whisper, but he's already closed the door... 

It's midnight, and Tim's not home... I keep dialing his number, and he normally answers right away when he sees that I'm calling... Something feels wrong... Horribly wrong... 

I dial Matt's number

We pull up to the Monroe airport, which seems desolate now. Only a few cars remain in the parking lot, probably to stay overnight. I walk into the airport and go straight to the desk. 

"Hi, has the plane from Nashville came in yet?" I ask. The woman searches on the computer for the arrival time. 

"Yes, Ma'm. Got in a little late though. Around 10 o'clock." She says. I take a deep breath and thank her for her help. 

"Nothing?" Matt asks. I shake my head and try to calm down. "Breathe, Faith." Matt says grabbing my hand. 

"Where is he?" I ask. He shrugs. 

"No clue." He says, driving toward the exit. I stare around at the different cars, before seeing something odd on the ground. 

"Stop!" I scream. Matt slams on the brakes as I practically fly out of the car. "Oh my god..." I scream, running up to him. I stop for a moment, unsure what to do. 

"I'll call 9-1-1. Check for a pulse." Matt says, running back to his truck. I check for a pulse, and jump when Tim begins to groan. He's lying in a puddle of blood so large, that I doubt there's much left in him. There's a bullet in his head, and another in his stomach. I hold him in my arms and try to keep him awake. 

"Stay with me, baby... Stay with me...." I repeat, rocking him back and forth. I kiss the top of his head and pray he holds on. I look into his slightly opened eyes to see him staring straight up at the sky, seemingly unaware of what's going on. "I love you..." I whisper, holding him close to me. "I love you so much, baby..." I repeat, as the blood begins to seep through my clothes. I hold onto his hand as I brush back his hair, which is matted with blood. His eyes seem weak, as he looks at the stars. He seems to be at peace...