Chapter 20 (Four Years Later)

FAITH POV: "Addie, baby it's time to get up." I practically sing. Addie pulls the cover over her head and groans. 

"No...." She says. 

"Yessss... Come on baby girl. Morning is here!" I say, peeling off her blankets. She yelps and tries to grab them back. She finally gives up.

"Fine..." She says, trying to play tough. I give her a kiss on the forehead, as she goes to get a shower. I make her bed, and pull out some clothes for her to wear. The phone begins to ring, so I run over to grab it. 

"Hello?" I answer. 

"Hey, Darlin'! Are you going to be ready for the CMA's tonight?" Keith asks. I sigh. 

"Oh yeah..." I say sarcastically. He laughs. 

"Just pretend you're enjoying it, and maybe in the end, you will." He says. I roll my eyes. 

"I doubt that. I rather be at home with the girls." I say, twirling the phone cord around my finger. He laughs. 

"I'm sure you would. How 'bout I drop by before hand, and bring you some dinner?" He offers. I smile and accept. 

"Alright. Hair and make up is going to be here at--" 

"At four, I got it." He finishes for me. I fight back my smile as we end our call. 

"Mama..." Lily says, tugging on my leg. She pushes a box of cereal towards me. I smile and take it from her. 

"You want Lucky Charms?" I ask. She nods, and attempts to get herself on top of on a bar stool. I laugh and pick her up, setting her down on the dinning table chair. I go back and grab a bowl, along with milk. I pour it all into the bowl, and place it in front of her, going back for a spoon. 

"I don't like this outfit." Addie says, running down the stairs. "Oooh! Lucky Charms!" She says, seeing the -- now empty-- box. She tilts it, and realizes the lack of cereal. "Dang..." I smile, and look back to Lily, who is picking out the marshmallows. 

"Here, baby, use a spoon." I say, giving her a small laugh. She smiles, as I wipe off her hands. Addie gets a bowl of Cheerios and sits down beside her at the table. I comb through bills, looking up occasionally to see the two chatting. I love them so much... 

"Hey mom, is Keith coming over?" Addie asks. 

"Yeah!" Lily says, trying to backup her sister. Her smile makes me feel bright and warm. 

"Yeah." I answer, taking their now empty bowls to the sink. 

"Good!" Addie says, showing a smile. She grabs her bag from the bench next to the door.

"Yay!" Lily says. I grin. 

"You guys really like him, huh?" I say. Addie nods. 

"He's pretty chill." She says, putting on my sunglasses and acting cool. I take them off of her and she smiles.

"Alright. Now get in the car." I say, laughing at her enthusiasm. She races to the car, as I grab Lily. Addie begins to pull on the handle off the car repeatedly as I try to unlock it. "Baby, it's not going to unlock with you pulling on it like that." I laugh. She huffs, and crosses her arms while I unlock it. It finally unlocks, and she hops in the back. Lily follows her in. I go back to buckle her seat belt, but Addie has already done it. 

"Are you two going to get married?" Addie asks after a few minutes of silence in the car. My throat tightens at the thought of getting married again. 

"I don't know honey." I answer honestly. 

"You guys should." She says, looking out her window. "He'd make a really good Dad. He would stick around..." She says quietly. My heart slowly breaks.