Chapter 23 (One Year Later)

FAITH POV: I drop Addie and Lily both off at school on my way to the office. They both give me a kiss on the cheek on their way out of the car. It gives me the strength to go into work.

I walk in to see Keith, and Tim's manager sitting patiently, along with about a dozen other business people. They all look down as I walk into the room, except Tim's manager. He hates me with more power than I thought humanly possible. 

"Alright, now that everyone is here, we can start." My manager begins. "We need to discuss what we wish to share, and what we also wish to forbear." 

"Actually, everyone is not here." Tim's manager says, looking down at his phone. Keith clenches onto my hand, as exhaustion already hits me like a freight train. 

"I thought you said he wasn't coming..." My manager says. 

"Nope, he's on his way right now. I think it's fair that both people are equally represented, right?" He says, grinning at me. I hate him so damn much... Ryon looks as if he's going to jump across the table at him. 

Tim stumbles into the room, appearing to be an absolute mess as his manager points out his seat next to him. Keith's grip on my hand becomes tighter. 

"Alright. Now we may begin." His manager smirks. Tim takes a deep breath and fumbles through the files with our terms and conditions on it. 

"Okay, so we have come to the agreement that the events of November 14th, 1985 shall remain private, and out of the public as of right now." Ryon says. Tim's manager bites his lip. 

"Ehhh..." He shrugs. Tim looks shamefully down at the folder, trying not to make any eye contact with me. 

"Do you disagree?" I ask. He shrugs once more. 

"I feel as if that's a little biased." He says. 

"Most of the events that took place that night would hurt your client more than mine." Ryon informs him. Tim's manager finally complies. 

"Alright, now our request, is that we are going to need a statement from Faith about the events that took place at the awards last year." He says, maintaining eye contact with me. His smile sends chills up my spine as Tim continues to look down. 

"No." Ryon says. 

"I feel as if it's only fair." Tim's manager smirks. 

"It was more than fair to not press charges. That is stepping the line." Ryon says. He's practically like a second father to me, so I can expect him to be bumping heads with Tim's manager quite frequently. 

"She would just have to explain how it was a misunderstanding..." 

"He strangled her in a press room, in front of the cameras... How the hell could you turn that into a misunderstanding?" Ryon says. 

"Is there anything different that you would prefer?" I speak up, trying to keep the room as conflict-free as possible, even though this is the dream team for ultimate conflict. 

"Yes, actually." His manager smiles. His smile makes me afraid... "A duet. Something that shows that you two can be around each other, without incident, and can work together successfully." He says. He knows how much money and publicity would be generated off of it. 

"No." Ryon speaks up. I sigh. 

"Well, then I guess we have no agreement then." Tim's manager begins to pack up. 

"Can we come up with something that is a little less drastic?" Ryon asks.  He shrugs.

"That wasn't very drastic."