Black Friday (XII)

It was well past eight in the evening. Golf Ball smiled as she made her way to the main hall. "Guys! TB and I have prepared dinner for you all!" She put a green bowl on the table. "A delicious tuna salad!"

"Oooh, yummy!" Blocky looked at it. Even though he was used to portions that would put a royal luncheon to shame, he couldn't wait to enjoy it.

It didn't take long before everyone was munching on the salad. 8-Ball cleaned his mouth with a napkin. "This salad is very tasty!"

"I know, right?" Golf Ball winked.

Tennis Ball hummed in pleasure. "You should consider joining a cooking competition, Golf Ball! More people need to know about your delicious salads!"

While everyone was eating, Golf Ball noticed something strange. "Wait! Someone's missing!"

"Grassy? Yeah, we all know that, Golf Ball." Blocky rolled his eyes.

"No, it's not about him! I'm talking about Basketball! Where is she?"

Blocky thought about it, but could only muster up a shrug as the answer.

"Well, I heard her talking profusely about Loser today."

"Yeah, that's true! Perhaps she's gone down to Loser's house and greeted him." Tennis Ball took some more salad. "Perfectly fine for a friend to do."

"Huh. I'm guessing that can't take too long." Golf Ball shook her head.

"We shouldn't worry about that. After all, what's wrong with greeting a contestant you like?" Tennis Ball smiled.

"Indeed!" Blocky sprang. "I always chat with Pen and Eraser before the challenge." He leaned back on his chair. "I don't see why we should worry about Basketball doing the same with Loser."

Meanwhile, The Losers and Basketball were sitting around Loser, who had almost finished talking about something. "Remember, guys, to respect everyone and spread the message of love before anything else!" Loser's words were mesmerizing. Once he looked at them, they all cheered. Loser took out a wooden box. "How much have you pledged to give to charity today?" He opened the box and peeked at what's inside. "Oooh!" He was pleased. "More money than ever! We can now spread the message of love and goodwill faster!"

The Losers cheered again, shouting messages of praise for Loser.

"Aw, thanks guys! You don't have to!" Loser blushed, and turned to look at the dining room. "Alright, who's in the mood for some chicken nuggets?"

"Chicken nuggets?" Clock danced about. "Those are my favorite!"

"Oooh, once you dip 'em in that spicy sauce they become even more..." Cake hummed in pleasure.

"This might just be the first time I'm having chicken nuggets!" Basketball rubbed her belly, for she couldn't wait to eat them.

"Alright, then! Follow me!" Loser went to the dining room. The surface of the table was filled with packs of chicken nuggets for everyone to enjoy.

Once Basketball got a clear view of what was on the table, she was stupefied. "Whoa, Loser! How did you manage to get so many?"

"Oh, you know..." Loser nudged Basketball. "Good relationships with the chicken meat executives!" He chuckled.

Everyone sat down and began to open the packs of chicken nuggets. Some were nibbling them, others were devouring them, but everyone was enjoying them equally.

About one hour later, they were full and pleased. "Oh man!" Basketball stood up. "That was a delightful dinner!"

"Yeah!" Cake yawned.

Loser yawned, as well. "That was wonderful, but now I'm pooped." He stretched. "I'm going to sleep, guys. See you all tomorrow!" He did the finger guns.

"Good night, Loser!" Cake was blushing.

Loser went upstairs and went to his bedroom. He opened the door, revealing an artwork decorated with the finest golden details, with the king-size bed itself being covered with sheets made out of silk. He smirked in pleasure. "Now that's what I call a bedroom." He nodded while going to the bathroom. "I can't believe they keep falling for it!" He chuckled. After brushing his teeth, he looked at himself in the mirror. "Loser, you handsome son of a gun!" He smirked; he then got out of the bathroom and sank into his bed, letting out a sigh of relief in the process.

A few hours later, in the middle of the night, Clock was woken up by some strange noises. He got out of bed, groggy. He walked up to Loser's door and knocked.

After a while, Loser opened the door. "What is it, Clock?"

"I'm sorry, Loser, but I just can't sleep!" Clock was seeking help from him.

"Oh! I know what to do." Loser stared into Clock's eyes. The eyes of both contestants started glowing. "It'll be easier for you to sleep now."

"Thank you, Loser!" Clock then moved his sight to the donation box, which was empty. "Just a quick question: where's the money we donated to charity?"

Loser thought about it. "Oh, it's inside a safe, so I can give it to the organizations tomorrow."

"Oh okay." Clock went back to sleep, and indeed, Loser's trick worked: Clock was now sleeping soundly in his bed.

Loser closed the door and walked up to his bed. He smiled as he went back to sleep. "Just how gullible do you have to be to believe that I'd ever send money to charity?" he whispered.