Can't Get You out of My Head (XIV)

Half a day had passed, and the sun was setting. Loser was checking on the charity box. He smiled as he noticed that there was more money inside of it than last day. He put the box away and looked at the crowd; it was there that he noticed something strange: Clock and Needle were missing. They must be preparing themselves or something. He shrugged. "Anyway, guys! Dinner's ready!" He smiled.

"What's on the menu today?" Basketball was bouncing in joy.

"How about some delicious vegetable couscous?"

"Ayy, neat!" Coiny grinned.

About an hour later, when everyone finished dining, Basketball went out for a walk. Not long after she went outside of the house, she noticed Golf Ball walking towards her. "Basketball! Follow me!" Basketball obliged.

Once the two balls reached a spot far enough from the house, Golf Ball began whispering. "I have some spicy information about Loser. You know the charity box?" Basketball nodded. "That's all an excuse to decorate his lavish bedroom!" Golf Ball looked confident.

"How'd you know?" Basketball was confused.

"I bugged the building in your sleep!" Golf Ball smirked.

"You what?"

"It's for your own good, Basketball! Blocky chastised me for my paranoia and stubbornness, but it paid off!"

"Wait, why would you do that?" Basketball was worried. "Why would you want to ruin Loser's life?"

Neither Golf Ball nor Basketball were aware that Cake had been listening to the conversation behind a bush. He tried his hardest not to gasp, and kept on listening for some other spicy secrets. Once the conversation was over, Cake got back inside and told Loser about what he had just heard.

Loser scoffed. "See, Cake? I told you this would work. I didn't trust her one bit." He shook his head. "Now bring her inside!"

Golf Ball was walking back to her lab when she began to feel someone holding her back. "Huh?!"

"Loser would like to exchange some words with you." Cake looked at her and dragged her inside Loser's house.

Loser was sitting in the dining room, at one end of the table. He noticed Cake pushing Golf Ball to her seat, on the other end of the table.

"Hi, Golf Ball." Loser looked out the window. "I have one simple question for you." He stood up and slammed his hands on the table. "Why did you bug the building? Now my reputation is at stake!"

"It was for Basketball! I was worried about her!" Golf Ball was just as defensive.

"You don't need to." Loser shook his head. "She's in good hands." He grinned. "By the way, it looks like you have trust issues in my regards. Let me fix that..." Loser's eyes started glowing as he stared into Golf Ball's eyes. As the stare continued, Golf Ball felt weaker and drowsier. "There we go. Now go back to sleep."

"Y-yes, Loser..." Golf Ball then stumbled her way to her laboratory.

Once she got out, Loser smiled. "My deed is done."

The next morning, Tennis Ball noticed that Golf Ball was groggier than usual. She had yet to consume her fruit salad, but not even at that point did she ever look so beat! He walked up to her, stroking his fuzz against her. "Golf Ball! What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing..." Golf Ball sank into Tennis Ball's fuzzy body. "I feel attracted to Loser... He's a great guy, you know?" Her eyes were shining.

Tennis Ball began to sweat. "Golf Ball, I think we need to get out and sort some things out."

Still dazed, Golf Ball watched as he rushed to the teammates and woke them up.

After a while, everyone in the team got out of Golf Ball's laboratory and went in front of the main door of Loser's house. Tennis Ball knocked on the door decidedly.

Loser opened the door. "Howdy-doo, fellas!" He was looking friendly.

Tennis Ball did not share Loser's friendliness. "What have you done to Golf Ball?" He wanted an answer, and he wanted it now.

"Nothing, why?" A coy Loser replied and looked at Tennis Ball.

"Don't play dumb, Loser!" Tennis Ball's patience was quickly running out.

"Loser's right!" Golf Ball held on Tennis Ball's leg tight. "Nothing's happened to me!"

"See? Golf Ball's right!" Loser shrugged.

"That's because you hypnotized her!" Blocky screamed from behind him. "What have you done to her, Loser?!" He grabbed him and proceeded to shake him.

Loser's eyes lit up; he then stared at Blocky. "Stop it. Unhand me."

Blocky took a while to oblige, but then he let Loser go. "Alright."

"Apologize, Blocky." Loser seemed extremely offended by Blocky's behavior.

"Fine. Sorry." Blocky looked at the ground.

After he let go of Loser, Blocky turned around and walked over to Free Food, who were having breakfast outside, for it was a lovely day. "Eraser. Pen."

The entirety of Free Food looked at Blocky. "What?" Eraser was eating.

"I need to talk to you two. I promise it'll be quick." Blocky, Eraser and Pen walked away from the table. "Look, I have a problem with Loser. He's done something nasty to Golf Ball."

Eraser chuckled. "Why would I wanna save that bossy bot–"

Pen shushed his friend. "You mean, he hypnotized her?"

Blocky nodded. "And now he think he hypnotized me as well..." He simpered. "Too bad he doesn't know I'm immune to his fancy mind tricks!" He chuckled. "Anyway, we need to make sure that Loser doesn't cause any more trouble. Got it?"

Pen and Eraser nodded.

"Very good!" Blocky smiled. It's showtime.