Who Can It Be Now? (XXV)

Four grabbed Loser like a teddy bear and went home with X.

X raised an eyebrow. "Um, Four? Why are you carrying Loser with you?"

"He's so squishy I could die!" Four rubbed their cheeks against Loser.

"Aw, thanks, Four!" Loser was blushing.

"I'll make you a delicious dinner tonight!" Four smiled at Loser.

"Aw, you don't have to!" Loser was chuckling, covering his face in embarrassment. "By the way, what's for dinner?"

Four thought about it. "How about some delicious couscous?"

Loser moaned in joy. "I love couscous!" He hugged Four, making them blush.

And thus, the three dined on a delicious meat couscous. During the event, X looked at Loser in suspicion multiple times. They didn't trust Loser one bit. The shiny eyes... The fact that he was here... That couldn't be a coincidence. But they decided not to take action, temporarily dismissing their conjectures as just an unfounded conspiracy theory, as not to anger the kind guest. However, once dinner was over, the conjectures came back. X felt the need to monitor him, considering his past as a conman.

Eventually, the three fell asleep, with Four hugging Loser as if he were a plush, sometimes nibbling him. They were in turn hugged by X, for whom Four provided free heat. "Mmmh, warm number!" X rubbed their cheeks against Four's back.

The next morning, Four woke up and noticed a strange plush. They had no memory of bringing it inside their house.

The plush moved and greeted Four, making them jump out of their bed in fear. "What's wrong?"

Four rubbed their eyes and noticed it was just Loser. "Oh. It's you."

"I could make some delicious maple syrup pancakes!" Loser went down to the kitchen and got to cooking the meal. After a while, he called Four and X downstairs.

Four drooled at the sight of the pancakes. As soon as Loser placed the dish in front of the two numbers, Four devoured their portion. "Delicious!"

"Yeah! These pancakes are very tasty!" X nodded.

"It's an old family recipe!" Loser told the two. "My grandma used to make them like this!"

"Oh man, I could stay here all day eating these...!" Four moaned in pleasure.

"Like you do most of the time?" X smirked.

The three laughed. Once breakfast was over, the three went out and looked on as Four generated nine rooms with a snap of their fingers.

"Hey X! Look at this neat trick I can do!" Four and X stared into each other's eyes.

"I don't get it." X uttered, before feeling something strange, like an out-of-body experience. "That means it worked!"

"Wha-huh? I am you now?!" Four looked at their hands in disbelief.

"Yes!" X answered, nodding.

"What's going on?" Loser was confused.

"It's for today's challenge!" X sprang up, whistling to call everybody's attention.

Once they all arrived, Four explained the challenge. "I'll take the mind of one person on each team, and put them into the body of someone on a different team! Your job is to find the impostor on your team. Their disguises are flawless! The last team to find the impostor will get no monetary bonus!"

"Now get back to your teams!" X whistled again, signalling the start of the challenge.

Remote analyzed her teammates. "Tree's the fake."