Friends (XXXIII)

Match sat down on the grass and let the wind stroke her face. She noticed Pencil walking up to her. "Hey, Pence Pence!"

"Oh hey, Match!" Pencil sat next to Match. "What's going through your mind?"

"Taco is, like, kinda awesome!" Match grinned.

"Huh?" Pencil didn't understand why her best friend forever would talk about someone random like Taco.

"Well, she's, like, brave and immune to fire like me!" Match covered her face in an attempt to hide the flush that was spreading on her cheeks.

Pencil had a positive mental image of Taco. "That's neat!" Her alliance was open to people she thought of as cool, and Taco was a worthy candidate.

"I noticed that her new team is full of cool people!" Match got closer to Pencil.

"Such as?" Pencil was visibly excited. The more people in her club, the merrier!

"Well, there's, like, Taco, Snowball, Blocky, Pen, Eraser, Flower, Ruby and Lightning." Match listed everyone in the Familia, to give her friend a clear picture of Taco's club.

Pencil looked at her dear friend as if she were disappointed. "Oh." Of those eight, she only liked Pen, Ruby and Lightning. Snowball, Blocky, Eraser and Flower were on her no-no list, while Taco had yet to be discovered.

"And lately, I've been thinking of something..." Match giggled nervously as her flush would not go away.

"Tell me!" Pencil smiled. "I'm always there for you!"

"What if we, like, formed an alliance with La Familia?" Match looked at Pencil, smiling, but also harboring a sense of worry that Pencil would reject the idea with prejudice.

Pencil sighed and shook her head. "I'm not sure it's a good idea." Pencil was not thrilled by the idea of having to bear with jerks like Snowball.

"Well, what if I told you that Taco asked me to do it?" Match grabbed a tissue to wipe the sweat off her face. She didn't expect Pencil to put it that way.

"That wouldn't change much of anything." Pencil looked as if she were pointing out the obvious.

Match, however, was convinced that the alliance with Taco was the only way to go that wouldn't involve Golf Ball. "Are you sure it wouldn't?"

"Well, y'know..." Pencil rolled her eyes.

"It would either be her or Golf Ball!" Match sighed, as she was disgusted by having to think about that bossy dimpled sphere.

Match's statement made Pencil look at her as if she had discovered something groundbreaking. "Ew, Golf Ball. I don't like her. She's a bossy bot." She shook her head and tsked. "If I had to choose, I'd totally go with Taco."

Match gasped in joy. "Does that mean..."

"I guess it does." Pencil's affirmation made Match jump for joy and cheer. Match then ran towards Taco to tell her the news. Pencil watched as the two girls cheered together.

Meanwhile, over at Golf Ball's lab, Golf Ball and Book were on the opposite ends of the table. "So, yeah. Alliance?" Book was convinced that an alliance with Golf Ball was the only way to go.

"Alliance!" Golf Ball's exclamation made it unequivocally clear that the alliance had been established. "Now, what's a good name for it?"

"Huh, well..." Book scratched her head, for she wasn't known for being the most creative person out there. "Well, we want to get our teammates back and fix everything."

Golf Ball understood Book's idea and thought about it. After a while, she gasped. "How about the Organization for the Re-Establishment of Order?"

Organization for the Re-Establishment of Order. Book pondered over it and started giggling. "Oreo!"

"Oh! I didn't notice that!" Golf Ball chuckled. "But yeah! It goes straight to the point, no frills. Just how I like it!"

"Sounds good to me!" Book shook hands with Golf Ball. "Let's do this! Let's teach those traitors a lesson!"

"Yeah! Especially Blocky and... Taco, right?" Golf Ball wasn't familiar with Bleh.

"Ugh, yeah... That fishy traitor!" Book was disgusted by the mental image of Taco.