Kink (IV)

Fem!Reader x Joker

So. It was official. Belle had the stomach bug.

Fortunately, (Y/n) had the money to get her checked out by a doctor and some medicine.

She even got the girl a slip for her missed days of school.

Once they got home, the scent of bleach, Lysol, and chicken noodle soup greeted them.

Belle was feeling better now that she was drugged up, but she was very sluggish.

She quickly got the girl washed up and into a warm pair of pajamas.

Once she was settled on the couch in a pile of blankets, (Y/n) went to go shower.

After getting dressed she smiled from the door frame as she watched Arthur feed Belle some soup while they watched cartoons.

They both laughed as they watched Bugs Bunny mock Elmer Fudd, Arthur's laughter usually falling a few seconds too late after Belle's correctly timed one.

It almost seemed as if his brain was trying to figure out what was funny and then once it did, he laughed.

Belle didn't seem to mind.

Ugh.

Arthur is such a sweetheart.

She sighed at the thought before stepping out from her spot.

"How are you feeling, kiddo?"

"Good." Belle beamed.

(Y/n) nodded. "Good." She started digging in the bag, Sophie gave her. There was another set of clean clothes and other things just incase Sophie got off really late tonight.

In other words, Belle would probably be spending the night like she usually did when her mom needed to catch up on work.

"Are you okay, love?"

"Just thinking."

"About what?" He asked as he approached her, leaving Belle to watch cartoons alone.

"How I'm going to get Belle to Sophie if she doesn't come get her tonight."

He tilted his head. "..."

"I've got work tomorrow."

"I can do it." He furrowed his brows. "I've talked to Sophie before."

(Y/n)'s number of expressions had diminished throughout the day and all he was getting now was dead eyes and the aftertaste of a grimace.

"What?" He frowned.

"You can't be seen by people until your face isn't plastered all over the news." She whispered. "Besides, we both know that Sophie isn't terribly fond of you."

"She isn't?" He blinked. "Why not? What have I done wrong to her?"

(Y/n) had never wanted to curl up in a ball and die before, until now. Arthur looked visibly upset by her less than gentle approach on telling him that Sophie despised him.

"Um..."

"..."

"Well. You did break into her house...and stalk her...."

"..." He seemed to sink into himself. "Oh."

"Rumor has it that you even had a crush on her...which kind of creeped her out."

"..."

"Besides. She'd have my head if she knew I was messing around with you with her kid around."

"What's wrong with me?"